Scalp pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Scalp pain

Postby JemmaB88 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi all.

In a bad way again... seem to have been in this flair for 4 months now. Awaiting MRI results from neuro regarding chiari/MS etc. Not heard anything since scan which was on 26th Feb.

So the flair has been getting steadily worse, and I have had to come home from work today. I spent last night in tears. My scalp is so painful at the moment. I have had a headache on and off for about 3 months, if not longer. It starts in my eyes and goes to the back of my head. It then goes down my neck. The scalp pain is on the left hand side of my head and the weight of my hair on it causes lots of pain. I could not sleep on my usual pillow so I had to use a triangular one and sleep almost sat up. Does anyone else get this type of pain or is it a non-fibro type pain?

Also, while I am here, would anyone else be chasing up the results by now or am I worrying un-necessarily?

Thanks.
J
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Re: Scalp pain

Postby LouLou » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:05 pm

Hi Jemma

Gosh you really are suffering at the moment. In regards to your MRI, when I had mine I was told at the hospital that the results would be with my GP within 2 weeks. So I made an appointment with my GP for just over 2 weeks after to discuss the results with him. I'm sure if there was anything to worry about you would have heard, but I'm not 100% sure how the system works I'm afraid.

Try and get in with your GP as you need to let him/her know about this pain in your head and how bad it is getting. I don't have that sort of pain, when I do have a headache my whole head does hurt even just brushing my hair but other than that I don't tend to have pain in my head/on my scalp.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I just wanted to let you know someone was out there for you.

Lou
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby mite » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:38 pm

I am a 61 year old male and I too have had painfull scalp problems though not that often now . I have FMS ,CFS,TMJ, Spinal Stenosis , and Arthritis to hands and feet. I believe a bought of Shingles some years ago may have been the cause of my scalp problems as I still get itchy rash begining on forearm to shoulder then neck and scalp.
Last edited by mite on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mite
UKFM Newbie

Postby mite » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:39 pm

I am a 61 year old male and I too have had painfull scalp problems though not that often now . I have FMS ,CFS,TMJ, Spinal Stenosis , and Arthritis to hands and feet. I believe a bought of Shingles some years ago may have been the cause of my scalp problems as I still get itchy rash begining on forearm to shoulder then neck and scalp. :(
mite
UKFM Newbie

Scalp pain

Postby Gig » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:48 pm

I have been suffering from this 2!!
Started off with pain behind my right eye for a good few days then my scalp on the left side is extremely tender and trying to brush my hair is painfull. I've had a sore head for a good few days now and just feel rubbish!
I had an MRI scan on the 6th feb but i hadn't heard anything back at all so I contacted my neurologists secretary, she phoned me back the next day and told me the scan is clear and nothing to worry about! That's easy for her to say as I'm back to square 1 with not knowing what's wrong!! Very frustrating!!
I have an app with my neuro on the 26th march so I'm hoping he can tell me what's next! I know how you feel regarding not hearing anything back, try giving them a phone and see if they can tell you anything about your scan!
Hope you find out soon xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gillian x
Gig
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:05 pm

Hi
I dont get scalp pain like you, the only time i tend to get it is when i put my hair up into a pony tail :-? i dont tie it tight its strange.

Hope you get some answers soon. :goodluck1: with your MRI results. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: Scalp pain and multiple diseases!!!

Postby Debz7172 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:51 pm

Hi, I've just washed my hair and whilst I was massaging in the shampoo it felt like someone was ripping my hair out! I've got Overgrowth of the Temporal and Massetter muscles in my head so tend to have headaches and a tender head but this is new!! I've also got under-active thyroid, diabetes type 1, Raynauds disease, Sjogrens disease, Sicca syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Reflux, Myelofibrosis, Restless Leg syndrome, Cognitive Impairment and to top it all off because of carrying breach babies and a combination of disease I also have to live with incontinence!!!

But this was weird, I wondered if anyone else has had this or similar as its hard enough to wash my hair as it is because most of the time I can't raise my right arm above my head and when the fm is bad I can't do it with the left either!! Although sometimes I baffle my doc, who is great, because we find it hard to work out which disease is causing specific symptoms!!

Just wondered if this is just another thing to add to the list of fm things!!

Also.does anyone else out there have to live with multiple diseases???

Try to keep smiling!!! :crazy:
Debz7172
UKFM Member

Postby motherconfessor » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:40 pm

No-one should have to live with incontinence, can you get your GP to refer you to a gynae that specilaises in urology?

Many women put up with incontinence following childbirth, but there is lots that can be done.

I know it is never easy with FM, but it may improve the quality of your life a little.

Good luck with everything x
motherconfessor
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia