SO DOWN

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

SO DOWN

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:45 pm

somedays i sit here thinking where did my life go,
im not a girly girl but i did like to have my nails done ,now the idea of going out is hard work. maybe weather dont help but i just cant move myself im half asleep and so the weight has creep on ,where did my get u and go go ? if im not cold im hot . if im not tired out i cant sleep at all.id bang my head againt the wall but it would hurt :-?
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

SO DOWN

Postby toplessbug » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:07 pm

I totally understand where your coming from.
I tend to live in my bedroom cos that way I don't have to climb mount Everest(stairs) to get to the loo.

I think back to when I used to work, run a busy office and family home. Now I can't even remember to take my meds!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the force :-)
toplessbug
UKFM Member

Re: SO DOWN

Postby shazq » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:05 pm

Hi
I think many of us feel like this :( this horrid weather does not help, it makes us extra achy and gives us more fatigue which then makes us grumpy :(

I cant seem to get warm, i hurt but my body wont switch off :evil: i just want to roll up in a ball and fall asleep.

Roll on spring :bear-dancing: Hope you feel better soon. :flowers: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby teresa67 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:21 pm

i have ays like this and they seem to be more then ever now, i challenge myself every day to do just one simple task today i had a slow walk to the local supermarket for a few items , i managed it but i am tired out feet hurting legs feel heavy and sore i was once a happy gp luck lady despite my health issues just carried on with my daily chores of running a house looking after the kids then by night just collapse and go to bed early most nights, after my hip replacement i am half the person i use to be my confidence is really knocked, but i try every day to do one thing (even better if i can do more) i try not to push my body to hard biut sometimes that is hard my husband became my fulltime carer so he is a god send and luckily my family is older now , you take care and look after yourself and take everyday as it comes and dont be to hard on yourself fibro sucks but we have to learn to live with it in our own ways, the weather does make you feel worse i think but as most people with fibro its not the only health issue we have xxxx teresa xxx
teresa67
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:39 pm

hi freinds thanks for the replys yes i do try to do one thing a day, and go to town once a week , i live in a vallage so need the bus its once an hour so if i dont time things right im suck waiting to get home ,i think if we didnt feel so drained all the time we all could cope with the pain side of things.i no i coud , still sending u all lovely big gentel hugs xx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:55 am

hi painprincess

I'm with the other ladies on this one too. My FM has definitely been much worse the last few months and I know that is down to the weather. It doesn't help that it is so up and down one minute it's lovely and sunny and slightly warmer and the next it's flippin freezing!!!

I'm not sure how old you are, but I am 29 (big 30 this year) and I too have days where I feel old before my time. I also used to love getting my nails done, hair done, going out shopping etc. Now my ultimate fantasy and all I can think about whenever I am out is getting back home to my sofa lol. I'm getting married in August and I know there are certain things I should be looking forward to and would be looking forward to if I didn't have FM, but I find myself not really feeling up to it lately. Like dress shopping, booking my nail appointment, fake tanning, hair etc lol. I've been putting off dress shopping for ages because the thought alone of getting in and out of dresses makes me want to sleep for a week lol. Everyone says I am the most laidback bride to be they know lol.

Usually I would relish all of the above and I am still excited, but some days I do have the same thoughts you do. I too can cope with either just the pain or just the fatigue but when both are at their peak, I hybernate like a bear till it passes lol.

Gentle hugs back to you.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:42 pm

So sorry LouLou that you aren't enjoying the run up to your wedding it is usually such a mad crazy time but possibly your strategy will work out just as well and you will keep friendships and relationships with family members intact...think I turned into a bridezilla even before the word was invented! :too-upset:

I think I remember from another post that you were going away to get married if thats the case then you will need to get a dress that not only suits your shape but packs easily for your suitcase or shipping ahead.

Just a suggestion so that you don't get too tired , even if you have a limited budget do try and go to a really top end bridal shop as they should be able to suggest dresses in fabrics that are suitable for your figure & the day itself but are also suitable for shipping etc.

That way you get all the ideas in one shop with plenty of room in the changing rooms and comfortable seats etc to sit on . You can then take the ideas and go shopping for something that is within budget. It should save you time & energy in the long run .

Hope you feel up to all the girly things very soon , I'm sure you are going to make a wonderful bride. :-D
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:58 pm

ISM thank you for the lovely post.

I am kind of enjoying it all, it's just the things I would have been keen to do before like the dress shopping just fills me with dread as I know I'll be suffering with pain for days after. It helps that OH is planning it all and all I have to do is sort my dress and my bridesmaids.

Good ideas for the dress though, I'm getting married in Greece so a lightweight dress is my only option anyways, plus I dont think I could handle a huge princess style dress on my body the weight alone would make me hurt. I've just text my mum what you said about getting the dress there and she said she will sort it all out for me.

I'd asked my mother in law to help me look for shops in our area but she is "too busy" (don't get me started lol) so I've found a few addresses of some close by - never crossed my mind to do what you suggested though, I'm definitely going to do that. Making them do the work for me sounds like heaven lol. If I'm up to it this weekend I'm going to take a drive to a few of them to see which ones are like what you described and book some appointments.

Think it's because of how bad the pain has been lately and the weather that I find it hard to get excited. I am excited don't get me wrong lol I can't wait to marry my OH it's just hoping that I can get through it with the pain and fatigue (and inlaws causing problems lol)

Thanks ISM that was really sweet of you I appreciate your suggestions.

xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia