Blood work, any advice?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Blood work, any advice?

Postby evie15 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:15 pm

Hello,

I have just had my report back from my rhummy and he took some blood work when I was there and I have had multiple blood tests before.

In his summery of my results he says,

# I have minor lymphopenia and it is 1.2

# It is a consistent abnormality from previous tests (this is news to me) but he thinks this may be a nonspecific phenomenon but not one he understands

# I should maybe have a HIV test for completeness (I don't have HIV for sure)

# I have again had a weakly positive ANA result but again it has been dismissed.

I just wondered if anybody could shed some light on this, for instance why would they go to HIV for the lymphopenia instead of other things and illnesses which can cause it?

To be honest I am a bit fed up with it all, I said to him that I exercised every day even though it caused me pain and increased fatigue I would still try to push myself but he has said the same 'should improve with increased exercise' that has been said time and again.

Thanks in advance.
evie15
UKFM Member

Re: Blood work, any advice?

Postby denys » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:43 pm

No idea, maybe cos they havent ruled it out so its an unchecked box :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:58 pm

Sorry i dont know, ask your Rheumy to explain it all to you and ask him why they are doing the tests. :goodluck1: hope you get the answers soon.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby evie15 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:53 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I don't really know, I feel a bit lost with it all.

I hate going to the doctors as I always feel I am never getting anywhere really and any questions are dismissed.
evie15
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:52 pm

Might this linky help??? http://www.labtestsonline.org.uk/

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia