Giving birth via kneecap

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Giving birth via kneecap

Postby CarlyJayne » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:20 am

I have never had children, but from the gruesome tales of friends and family I am now pretty sure that my knee is in labour.

The contractions started last night and after a short break began again as soon as my feet were out of bed this morning.

I'm hoping a baby knee will pop out soon so I can stop grinding my teeth and swearing.

Has anyone else had contraction style knee pain? If so...any tips would be great, I've tried a bath, it seems a water birth is off the cards.

Cheers

Carly
CarlyJayne
UKFM Newbie

Re: Giving birth via kneecap

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:33 am

Sorry can't suggest anythng carly but your post did make me laugh :lol:

That in itself must be your good turn for today so thanks :lol: :lol:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:45 am

Sounds like muscle spasms

By the title i thought i was going to read about a new way to give birth lol :lol: :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:58 am

If the warmth from the bath hasn't helped, what about trying something cool on it instead :-? :-? A bag of frozen peas wrapped in a towel will mould itself to the shape of the area of your knee.

If that doesn't help, scream for gas and air, then grab someone's hand and squeeze it each time you feel a contraction but don't push until we tell you to :lol: :lol: :lol:

PUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby helenclaire » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:22 am

Ha ha ha, thank you for brightening my day. Love it!

I suffer from really bad knees and I find that knee supports help, the ones with the little holes in that support around your knee cap.

Hope that helps xx
helenclaire
UKFM Member

Postby CarlyJayne » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:35 am

Thanks guys, I'll hold off from painting the spare room blue then.

Will keep you informed if I need a breathing partner.

Happy Friday
CarlyJayne
UKFM Newbie

Postby LouLou » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:38 pm

Hi CarlyJayne

You really cheered me up this morning after a nightmare start to the day lol. But I know what you are talking about. When I was in Primary/Secondary school I really badly injured both my knees (not at the same time) and they swelled up like huge balloons. When the swelling calmed down I was left with a throbbing pain and also something like contractions the way you described it. I could sometimes see my actual knee move when it happened.

It occassionally happens to me these days especially when I have been on my feet a lot/pushed myself or when my FM pain flares up. The hot water bottle thing helps me when it happens and also resing your leg on a pillow on the sofa.

BUT if you are actually a medical marvel and a baby does appear then Congratulations lol.

Take Care
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby CarlyJayne » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:21 pm

Hey LouLou,

I'm glad it perked you up ....may as well laugh hey?

I'm armed with my hot water bottle and I'm not afraid to use it. I think I may have to buy 20 or so wholesale so I don't have to rotate through the sore bits every 10 mins.

Even better maybe I should invent a full body hot water bottle, like a sumo suit but in an array of colours so people don't mistake us for overweight Asian men with an unfortunate taste in underwear.

Things to do on a flare up day Number #456: Think of stupid products to take onto Dragons Den.
CarlyJayne
UKFM Newbie

Postby LouLou » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:36 pm

Lol CarlyJane my OH had a smiliar idea about the hot water bottle suit as I'm always sprawled on the sofa with them placed all on the parts that hurt lol.

He came up with something like a onesie that had attachments to fill with hot water so that it inflated slightly. Now that is something I would wear lol as long as it was pink!
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby moomoos » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:59 pm

Cor Blimey Mrs, I hardly dare look at this topic :yikes: :yikes: I'm squeamish yer know :yikes: :yikes:

Really did make me laugh out loud tho, and needed it today, thanks...... hope yer not too long in labour, if yer are, ask for some Pethidine.... it makes yer fly away for a bit :mrgreen: :mrgreen: xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:46 pm

MMMmmmmm Pethidine, that brings back some rather hazy images :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: I had that when I broke my neck and again when I had offspring and it sent me all floaty and fuzzy ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

TBH that is the last med that I can remember getting close to making the hurty go away, and that was 4 years before things really started taking hold :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

LouLou, we'd need the hottie bottie suits in several different shades of pink as well as different fabrics and patterns so we can make sure we're right up there with the designer labels :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

So who's going to do the presentation in front of the Dragons :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:33 am

FP the hottie bottle suits sounds a better idea than the fibro bra and making up a few prototypes in various shades and fabrics should be a dawdle, so I guess we are all ready for the next season of theshow. There are more ladies on DD now plus one of them must have even cold hands and feet we can play on ....any more suggestions of ideas who can present it all ????
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:42 am

Well, when we get the investment for the hottie bottie suit, as the Dragons are usually interested in additional ideas and lines, we might be able to get investment to develop and improve the Fibro Bra as well. And then there could be fibro knickers with discreet pouches for the smaller hottie botties for those times when we need to look a little more refind and elegant :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

By this time next year we could be millionaires............................in our minds any way :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia