Is this just me or the fibro lol !

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Is this just me or the fibro lol !

Postby blueeyes64 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:43 pm

So yesterday I decided to try eyebrow threading for the first time.I asked the lady if it was painful, she said no, not really.Well she started on the left side and OMG :shock: I was practically jumping out the chair ! I had to put my hand up several times to get her to stop the torture ! Or was like someone was sticking knives into me, not just pulling a few hairs out.
She looked bemused at my response, so I said I have fibro ad sometimes things can feel more painful, but I don't think she understood !

Anyway, she had to change to plucking which I could just about bear, but i was so glad when it was over, my eyes were watering :-?
I have had a good couple of weeks as regards the fibro symptoms, quite a lot of energy, no real pain, but previously had a horrendous 2-3 week flare before that.
But last night in bed my lower back was hurting, and this morning two figures on my left hand felt swollen (didn't look it ), oddly enought the same side as I had the attempted threading :?:

I know that fibro symtpom can be brought on by stressfull experiences, so I am wondering if that's what caused this 'mini' flare up ?
Also I forgot my password for getting no here, and it took 3 attempts to get it right !
And I have re typed words more times than I care to mention just posting this :facepalm:

Sound familiar ? And could the episode yesterday have really caused this ?
blueeyes64
UKFM Member

Re: Is this just me or the fibro lol !

Postby bluebird123 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:55 pm

threading doesnt pull the hair out, it cuts it at the skin level, so it was most likely to be fibro
bluebird123
UKFM Newbie

Postby ElvisPresley » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:01 am

Yes, most definitely, the stress of the eyebrow threading incident would cause a flare! That would have been quite high on the stress causing list, sounds silly I know, but that's fibro!!!
ElvisPresley
UKFM Member

Postby not.giving.in » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:33 am

I had to go to the dentist yesterday for a fairly major task, he was really good with the injection and went slowly so I only had a couple of twinges. It took over 40 minutes of mouth wide open, last night I just had a bit of a stiff jaw and a minor headache. This morning I have pain everywhere, especially in my hands, feet, head, neck and back - Fibro bodies throw wobblies! :crazy: :lol:
not.giving.in
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:24 pm

Hi blueeyes

Since Fibro invaded my body I have become much more sensitive to pain and to things that should only cause slight discomfort in others causes me a lot of pain. I pluck my own eyebrows ever few days and it never used to bother me a few years ago. Now it really :swear1: hurts and makes my eyes water.

It could be a flare as others have said or you could be a bit more sensitive to these kind of things because of the Fibro if that makes any sense lol sorry I'm a bit foggy today.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia