Did it again !

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Did it again !

Postby blueeyes64 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:55 pm

My son as been seeing Drs and physio about hyper mobilty problems.We started out at one hospital and then got refered to our local hospital.We saw the physio for the first time and he said he wanted him to come back for a session with himself and anther physio who knew more about kids stuff.

I thought we booked the appt for next Mon at 9.40am.Then a letter came last week and the date was today 9.05.So I thought I must have got mixed up (not difficult !)
So off we trot to the hospital hysio dept this morning bright and early, only to be told the physio was on leave this week and our appt was Mon :?:
So I told the receptionist about the letter and she was very nice, but said there was n one there to see us.

When I got home I went straight to find the letter.Yes the appt was for today at 9.05 but for A DIFfERENT HOSPITAL !!! It was for the orthopaedic Dr we first saw who had then referred my son for physio at the other hospital.Note it said orthopaedics NOT Physio !
How I missed this I dot knw :?:
OMG , I was so annoyed wth myself, what an idiot !
I think what I did was scan the letter when it first arrived and then put the time and date n my calendar so I wouldn't forget.

It would be funny if it hadn't happened before !
I did phone the other hospital and explain.

Sometimes I feel like I have Alzheimer's like my dad had, know it isn't but it makes like very frustrating !
blueeyes64
UKFM Member

Re: Did it again !

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:18 pm

DOH!!! :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

You're not the first to do something like this blueyes and you definitely won't be the last :cup1: :cup1: :cup1: I know how frustrating and :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: it can make you feel tho, as I've got things puddled up before now.

Hope you can get the appt rearranged and :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: it won't happen again for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby chuckles166 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:14 pm

Hi blueeyes

sorry to hear about your mix up i think most of us on here and relate to it in some way or other. I have terrible short term memory problems i have hypothyroidism as well as fibro so ive got no chance with remembering stuff lol. The way i remember everything is to put it into my phone and put an alarm on so i dont forget it such as appointments, memos, to do lists absolutely everything i even put in programmes i want to watch the following week soi will remember to record them (thats how bad i am :lol: )

take care
chuckles
chuckles166
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:58 pm

ooooppps I went to the docs on Friday and couldnt book in when I asked at reception I was told thats because it isnt today it was a week last Tuesday (6th) :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: so it happens to most of us :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby LouLou » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:49 pm

Hi blueeyes

Another member to add to your "I did it again" club lol. I had to make an appointment last week for my doglet to have her post op check after she was spayed. I made the appointment over the phone then went straight to my diary to write it in there as I knew if I got distracted I would forget the date and miss the appointment.

We had to take the Doglet to the vets a few days before her appointment as he wasn't feeling well and when we had been seen by the vets I spoke to the receptionist to canccel the post op appointment, as the vet examined her there and then and was hapy with how she was healing. I told the receptionist when the date and time was that I had writtedn down and she couldn't find it anywhere on the system. I was completely baffled for ages till I asked her to check if there were any appointments for our doglet on the system. She did and I had got the completely wrong date and time!!! How I don't know as it was only 2 minutes from finishing my phone call to getting it into my diary!

Good job we had to get the doglet seen to sooner ortherwise we would have missed her actual appointment and turned up on the wrong day lol.

On another note I hope it's all going ok with your son and his hyper mobility - I think I remember you posting about it before.

I suppose we have to laugh at ourselves lol.

xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia