Leg and foot brase

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Leg and foot brase

Postby suelynn » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:54 pm

I am finding that every year i develop a new problem at the moment is my left foot has dropped and when walking i walk on the outside edge of foot making walking more difficult. I have been lucky in that i was already seeing the Neurologist because my epilepcy had reared its ugly head again so he has taken over my foot problem aswell.
I have altered feeling on left foot so had some nerve tests done, very painful but were ok. He know thinks its a problem with my back which i have Arthritis in so are awaiting a MRI.
In the meantime was seen by Physio who has given me a brase which did a lot for pain but not for foot so she referred me to see Orthotics wh have given me a better brase which is hard plastic under the foot and up the back of heal and leg just above shin level, at the front is four straps its not the most comfortable thing and leaves deep indentations on foot and leg when i take it off.
I was wondering if anybody else has had this problem with feet.
suelynn
UKFM Member

Re: Leg and foot brase

Postby Panda58 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:25 pm

I have a problem with my right leg, I broke the ankle and toes when I was 8 and now that foot and ankle is the first port of call when the fibro flares up . I also thought I should have some support in that leg perhaps I should go and see go to get this sorted xx
Panda58
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia