Do I have the start of Fibromyalgia?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Do I have the start of Fibromyalgia?

Postby Mezzanin » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:57 am

I have been driving myself insane the past week and I don't know if my symptoms are anxiety related or due to the start of Fibro.
Can somebody please advise?

I gave up smoking in january 2013 and about one week late developed what I though was a urinary tract infection. After four negative tests it is looking more like Intertitial Cysitiss (IC) although this has not been confirmed. My symptoms of IC are mild. Frequency but little pain, mild bladder (urethra) burning.

After reading about IC I saw that CFS and Fibro were closely related. I don't know if it is psychosomatic coincidental or what but in the past week I have noticed the following symptoms: burning soles of feet, especially in the morning. Pins and needles sensation in lower forearms. Constipation and then loose stools (but I am following a low oxalate diet), sore eyes for two days (could this be bathing in Epsom salt baths). Sore throat that bizarrely lasted only three hours.

Blurred vision but my optician says my prescription has not changed much in one year

I do not have pain. Especially in any of the tender points. DO you have to have pain for fibro? Do milder symptoms start first?

I can't sleep more then three hour without waking (this has only occurred in the last week). and sleep no more then six.

I have lots of energy. For instance, I have been walking my dog for one an half hours every day.

I feel a low, depressed since finding out about the IC and I am wondering if my anxiousness is causing the other symptoms.

Can anybody advise me. I feel like I am having a nervous breakdown.

Mezz
Last edited by Mezzanin on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mezzanin
UKFM Member

Re: Do I have the start of Fibromyalgia?

Postby Mezzanin » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:23 pm

Please will someone just give some advice?
Mezzanin
UKFM Member

Postby kazza65 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:47 pm

i don't think you have but i'm not a doctor but if you look on the nhs website it will tell you all the systoms.. Got look and it not something you want. I've just been diagnosed and it not something i'd wish on my worse ememy. if you need anything just get in touch love xx :-D
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby Mezzanin » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:58 pm

Thank you for responding Kazz
Mezzanin
UKFM Member

Postby autumnellis » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:47 pm

Really doesn't sound like it to me. It sounds like you are run down and quitting smoking can definitely do that to you!! Maybe even vitamin D deficiency, that can make you run down and tired, have a proper chat with doc about your symptoms. Good luck. x
autumnellis
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:45 pm

:welcome: to the forum Mezzanin :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

With how debilitating this condition can be, sometimes a little patience and waiting is needed for people to reply to new topics and posts. Unfortunately we can't say what if what you have been experiencing could be the onset of FM or any other condition. To find out what is the cause of your various problems you need to start off with a visit to your GP, explain what has happened, how it has affected you etc and see what your GP thinks, then take it from there.

There are several other conditions that share very similar symptoms and associated problems with FM. The way to a dx usually involves these other possibilities being investigated which can take a while. It is usually after these other possibilities are ruled out that a dx of FM may be given providing what you have been experiencing fits with the general description of the condition. This linky tells you more about the condition http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/fibromyalg ... ction.aspx However, with you only experiencing your symptoms for such a short period of time, and these conditions, incl FM, tending to take months, even years to show themselves fully, it would suggest that, at the moment anyway, something else may be the cause of how you are feeling.

The best thing to do is make an appt to see your GP, make some nots to take with you about your symptoms, how long you have been experiencing each of them, how they affect you etc and see what they have to say about possible causes.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby painprincess1 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:22 pm

well hun f its only been one week and u feel full of energy id say more likely to be run down like pp said, yes fibro can take moths to years to come out , thing is u cant tell anything in one week. id say rest up eat well and see how u go , it was ten years of on off no energy for me before the pain even set in , hugs
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby charley » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:29 pm

My fibro started with horrific knee pain, and then everything else followed. From the sounds of it I don't think you do, but then I'm not a Dr. But some of those symptoms sound a bit iffy, you really should go see your Dr :/
charley
UKFM Member

Postby Mezzanin » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:42 am

Thank you all for responding.

I am sorry for taking up your time.

I am beginning to think my problems are anxiety related. As I have no pain what so ever.
My doctor has already told me you cannot be diagnosed with FM if you do not have pain. All my 18 tender points are fine.

My symptoms of burning feet, pins and needles and non restorative sleep, he says are more in line with high levels of anxiety. I am hoping so.

But thank you again for anybody who took the time to respond.

Kind regards

Mezz x
Mezzanin
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:29 pm

Pain is the biggest symptom of FM and without it I doubt you would get a diagnosis of FM :fingerscrossed: your doc gets you sorted out soon
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia