Hypoglycaemia - anyone else get these symptoms ...

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hypoglycaemia - anyone else get these symptoms ...

Postby BellaH » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:54 pm

Evening everyone, hope you have all had a pain free weekend.

Just wanted to share something that happened yesterday and see if anyone can offer me some advice.

Yesterday I woke up and felt achy (the usual everyday aches) cleaned the house, and took my little girls to a birthday party. Before I went I ate a banana and a biscuit - not exactly a great breakfast but I was in a rush!

Anyway, at the party I had an orange j20 drink and then about an hour into the party I ate one triangle of a sandwich and a handful of grapes - almost instantly I felt as if I was going to faint, felt shaky my ears were buzzing I felt hot and panicky - I managed to concentrate on my best friends face - then the party was finished. I drove home and felt so relieved to be laid on the sofa. My husband made me a sugary tea but the rest of the day I still had all these shaky feeling faint symptom. I took myself off to bed at 8.30 and couldn't sleep as I kept waking up with a jolt just as I was falling to sleep. Must have fallen asleep at some point and woke up this morning really aching so bad.

I'm going to visit my gp in the morning and mention these symptoms.

Thanks for listening - it really does help being on this site x
BellaH
UKFM Member

Re: Hypoglycaemia - anyone else get these symptoms ...

Postby denys » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:01 pm

Do you have diabetes???? J2O's shoot your sugars through the roof (I am diabetic on insulin and tablets so suffer sometimes with highs and lows) Never ever drive if you are having these type of symptoms as a faint is not beyond the realms of possibility. I know that can be hard cos you need to get home but you could very realistically have a serious accident :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

I have a couple of meters to check my sugars around 5 times a day, so please be careful, I'm glad you are going to mention things to your GP and :fingerscrossed: it will be a one off but if not at least you will better understand whats happening :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia