Flu or fibro??

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Flu or fibro??

Postby Gig » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:50 pm

Hi everyone, just looking for some advice.
I have been feeling really unwell since last night! It almost feels flu like, are symptoms of fibro like the flu, I'm trying to work out if its the flu or a relapse as I have been doing great the last few weeks!
The pain I'm suffering just now is really strong, stronger than any time before and my head hurts inside and outside to touch.
Hope your all well xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gillian x
Gig
UKFM Member

Re: Flu or fibro??

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:35 pm

Flu~type symptoms can be a part of FM. For some they come just before they are floored by fatigue, others say they are a sign that an almighty flare is looming whilst others just get them out of the blue, feel as if they are actually coming down with flu, but then the following day the flu~like symptoms have lifted :-? :-? :-?

It's all very confusing with us all having such differences in how we are :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Flu or fibro??

Postby Gig » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:52 pm

Thank you for your response, I was run off my feet last week and I was coping better than I thought.....I'm just wondering if it was the calm before the storm! I had this last year feeling like i had the flu but after a 4hour sleep it was gone, it's doing the same again, feelings of flu with other symptoms on top.
I never slept well at all last night so hopefully I will get a better nights sleep tonight.

Thanks again xx

Gillian x
Gig
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:23 am

Quite possible, but there is a nasty bug/virus going round so if you have got yourself run down its possible you have become susceptible to something. :fingerscrossed: its the same as last time and of short duration and you are doing the right thing resting up, make sure you take plenty of fluids as well and hopefully you'll feel better quickly :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Flu or fibro??

Postby Gig » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:09 am

Thanks Denys, can't sleep again tonight, I'm tempted to take diazepam and try again xx

Gillian x
Gig
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:22 pm

im just the same as u last night i felt like i had flu, i was busy last week and i no its a flare a bad one as bad as when it all started, im hot swaeting tired hurting all over but this morning its there not so strong but im to sraced to do much as i feel spaced out like i had to many tramadol or something . gives u a hugs hang in there your not alone lol
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Flu or fibro??

Postby Gig » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:27 pm

Thank you painprincess1, I've been laid up all day just trying to relax, the pain is starting to niggle away again, I just hope it doesn't get as bad as it was through the night xx

Gillian x
Gig
UKFM Member

Postby miamama74 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:12 pm

I've also noticed this flu-like feeling. I had it last week and since then I have been floored by tiredness and wanting to sleep all the time.
I think for me, it may be a sign of a flare up as I have had those feelings before, and it did not result in flu but worse FM symptoms. I#ll try and remember for next time it happens.
miamama74
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia