Pregnant with Fibro

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pregnant with Fibro

Postby hurrenswife » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:02 pm

Hi all

Im 26weeks pregnant with my second child (my 1st is a very active 3 year old) and I am struggling alot at the moment.
I think giving birth to my first DD triggered my fibro as i havent been 'right' since. I was diagonosed in Oct 2011 and was on tramadol until i fell pregnant in September.
Since then Ive been really lucky that my fibro had pretty much dissapeared until a few weeks ago, but then I caught the flu, a chest infection and sinisitus all at once and had a really bad flare up. I was in agony and couldnt sleep for the pain and couldnt even look after my DD. I was eventually given Amitripyitine by my rhemotologist and doctor to take for a few weeks to enable me to get sleep so i have strength to get better (which has helped alot) but now im just so exhausted all the time, no energy with such a heavy feeling of achiness like I weigh 5000tons!

I feel like such a bad mum to my lovely DD as the last few weeks she has pretty much had CBebbies on constantly as ive been too drained to get off the sofa or bed and ive bearly done much with her. Thankfully she goes to nursery 2 sessions a week (soon to be 3) which helps, but i cant help thinking how on earth am i going to cope with a newborn baby aswell and especially the pain with the labour! Im very anxious about it. Ive got an appt with rheumy next week and im going to get her to refer me to obsectrics to come up with a plan for labour (as suggusted by midwife).

If anyone has any advice or tips, and just a hug i would be grateful xx
hurrenswife
UKFM Newbie

Re: Pregnant with Fibro

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:10 pm

my daughther is ten moths old i was sck the whoe time i was preggy , i dont no fibro i mean throwing up, but like u my fibro went for some time with the fibro.i have 4 kids this one was a surprize and a nice one, im stuck on the seettee to and no what u are talking about, being preg is such a drain on your body even without fibro u will feel like bad at times, first things first dont beat yourself up shes little and being there is more importent then trying to do something and ending up in bed. read to her or maybe colering in on the settee, yes i no they get bored fast lol.how about taking a bath together and playign with some bath toys i do that ,i only have a shower so i sit in th bath chair she sits in her toddler bath and we play toys and i get a nice shower to easy my body she gets to splash about.also dinner time if she could help make her dinner i mean sandwhich then use a cutter and make shapes the ones u use for jam tarts all thses things u can do with out going out the door xxxxx need to chat im here every day hugsx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby hurrenswife » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:10 pm

Thanks painprincess.

I will try what you have suggested. My brain is so foggy i cant even seem to think of simple things like that! How on earth do you cope with 4 children? Hats off to you, you deserve a medal! How long have you had your fibro and what meds do you take? Im thinking of not even attempting to breastfeed now just so i can go back onto my tramadol! Also how was your labour? Was it twice as worse with your fibro? xxx
hurrenswife
UKFM Newbie

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:31 pm

labour was 45 mins very painful but fast and simple. u can have pain pills and brest feed under the dr care of corse but after 4 months i had tostop as i to needed painkillers,but dr had me on tramadol after she was born i just had them at night time. now im on tramadol and paracetamol and and vit d as if your vit d down it can make u hurt even more.erm what else did u ask lol.my other 3 children are older 11 15 17 so they great with baby, but imtired out.i had fibro about tens years now u will cope love u wait ans see hugs
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby lolo73 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:22 pm

My FMS got worse after I gave birth, I was straight back on tramadol too. I did find Pg wasn't too bad, my pain levels certainly were better. Is it worth asking your HV to refer your little girl for a free childcare place, I am sure they can do that for 2yr olds now. I never pampered to my babies, in the sense I didn't sit hugging them all day and encouraged independence at a very early age. As soon as my kids could crawl if they needed me they came to me, not me to them (well most the time). My HV used to frown about it but they know they are loved, it is just that mummy is too sore to pick them up all the time. Now they help load the washer and dryer and dishwasher, they help change the beds etc. At 4 and 5 they are starting to understand, but even when they were younger they got the concept that I was less physically able than other mummies. I know it is hard in the early years but children who know nothing else adapt very easily and they will be keen to help you when they are able x
lolo73
UKFM Member

Postby stodgers » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:44 pm

I'm 29 weeks with my second and having the same worries about labour!! Only had one small flare so far which I managed with co-codamol which I am taking daily anyway. Fibro hasnt been too bad in general really and the painkillers help enough to get through! I seriously considered having an elective c section but that could be just as bad for fibro so have decided against it now but thinking I may have an epidural as it makes labour a whole lot kinder! And if u get a long labour u can sleep!
stodgers
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia