fed up

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

fed up

Postby carolelaura » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:06 am

Hello everyone,

i am very pleased that i have finally joined your boards.

i have been diagnosed fms for about 15 months or so now and am fed up that nothing seems to work med wise and it seems almost every week i have a new fms related problem. i think perhaps i should give up googling my symptoms because it always says fms and blah blah even if i don't put fibromyalgia in the box with it. sorry to rant....but my body is driving me crazy :crazy: not to mention the fact that now i have over a year to wait before my name comes up on the top of the list for the pain management clinic and all i have for comfort is a tens machine that i have yet to purchase and acupuncture that i don't think i can afford

i think, although in some ways i am grateful for their honesty, that the health professionals do not realize that telling someone that they have no way to help them is depressing. i am the sort of person who does not like to bother people and thinks i should be able to cope with what i have and sort my self out so the two things do not generally go together. but my symptoms are scarey and so i find myself here hoping that being with fellow suffers will at least put my mind at rest that it is not all imagined in my mind, and be able to get some self help and not feel like it all futile.
carolelaura
UKFM Newbie

Re: fed up

Postby Poseypig » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:40 am

Welcome, you are a member of the club none of us want to be in :-D there are days that the fibro will have you convinced you're going mad but trust me you're not.
Like you, I prefer to do things myself, one of the hardest things I've had to do is learn to let go and accept help. It isn't a failing but common sense. I fought against the fibro for many years. I was determined to keep going as before and it almost killed me. Prioritise, what absolutely has to be done, what can be left, what could someone else do for you.

Pain relief tends to be top of everyone's to do list. Tens machines can be helpful for some of us. I find heat packs alternated with cold packs helps on specific points of intense pain. Paracetamol with ibuprofen might help, they work in different ways so can be used together but talk to your pharmacist first. Get to your doctor to see about anti-depressants. It is natural to feel depressed when dealing with chronic pain but they also help with pain management.

Ask questions on here, knowledge is power and it really does help to know you're not the only one. Remember it is real, you're not going mad and we are all here for you.

Good luck x
Poseypig
UKFM Member

Postby kazza65 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Hi

I totally agree with poseypig do feel as if you going mad. :crazy: On the bad days. Some day i think my whole body is going to explode with how tight my skin feels. :yikes: Also i have days were i don't want to move because i'm in so much pain that i hurt from the tip of my toes to my head. :sleep: At the pain clinic because i was having so much pain in my legs and feet they ask me if i was intrested in a Spinal Stimmulator were they fit it in you spinal coloum were you have epidurals when ur in labour. I agreed to have on fitted in may of last year and it was the biggest mistake ever. As the pain was unbeliveable and i develop a blood clot, and had to have to removed 2 weeks later and that has set the fm even worse in my spine.

So go back to your g.p and ask them to chase ur pain clinic appointment up and also as if they can prescribe you with some pain killers i'm taking at the moment Pregablin 600mg 3 x a day, mst continus 60mg 3x day and Antripaline 20mg at night. and oramorph as an when i night it.

Good luck and please feel to private message me if your eva down..

love Karen xxxxx
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby carolelaura » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:57 pm

thank you both for your kind words of advice and support,

iv'e been down the anti depressant and pain killer route, sadly pain killers do not work for me, and anti depressants only help to lift my mood a little.

the pain consultant said 'he does not have enough needles' to help me so that is why he refered me to the pain management clinic. he said i would get a one hour appointment before my name came up on the list proper. heat and cold packs do not help and neither does the ibruprofen and or the paracetamol - co codridramol. cant spell sorry.

hydro sort of helped for a short while but i need to go and get my self put back on the list for that. the phyisos other than that werent very helpful and signed me off giving me a list of excercises the same as the gave my elderly father and he could do more of those than i could. i feel guilty making an appointment at anywhere when there is nothing they can do i just feel im wasting their time and also my energy

its a bit dis heartening when there is nothing they can do for you.

xxxx
carolelaura
UKFM Newbie

Postby LouLou » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:55 am

Hi carole

Welcome to our little world. I'm sorry you have had to join us under these circumstances but you are not alone in this.

I know how disheartening it can feel because FM has no magic cure and no meds to fully take away our pain and symptoms. Have you tried asking your GP to vary your meds and try you on something else? It may be that you need a higher dosage or you need a few painkillers to complimets each other. A lot of us on here are on a cocktail of pain relief, it's all about finding what works for you. This may take a while so don't be too disheartened.

I thought about trying acupuncture but I really can't stand the thought of needles sticking in me lol I'm bad enough when I have blood tests. I too tried physio and although it did kind of help in that I don't feel as stiff anymore due to some of the stretches they gave me, it really made no difference to my pain.

Have you had a look at our Help/Tips on coping section of the forum? It's where we have all put together things we find help us and you may find something on there that helps you. Anything is worth a try as you never know what you will find helps.

I hope you can find something to help you soon. Stay strong and remember we are all here.

Take Care
LouLou
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby sweetie pie » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:43 pm

Yes carole the symtoms can be really violent alot of times,no wonder we have depression having this to put up with non stop,its so bad ,i just hate having this its the fact it takes your life away,i resent it so much,need to try to except it abit more,find that easy said than done tho,hope uz fine xox
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia