flare and think my backs gone

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby mand » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:19 am

:too-upset: .....Thats it....ive had enough :scream-1: , ive been advised to make an emergancy appt at the docs, im in the middle of a flare and i think my backs gone, i can hardly walk let alone all other pain...im throwing the towel in.......

i also need a medication check, and i am asking for somthing stronger to get me at least to cope with the pain... its driving me to distraction i am struggling to work as well as daily things...... i know hopfully the flare will not last forever :snowgrumpy: the weather isnt helping.......and as you have guessed sleep pattern...hmmmm say no more

Thanks for listening, and will post with news, that doc better dust the magic wand off :lol: ................mand x
mand
UKFM Member

Re: flare and think my backs gone

Postby LouLou » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:29 pm

Hi mand

Sending gentle hugs your way you poor thing! There are a few members on here who also suffer with back problems. Fortunately I only have FM and that in itself is bad enough so I can't begin to imagine how you are feeling.

The weather has certainly been playing up with my FM I am so up and down at the moment I understand your frustration. I too have to go to work even though my pain has gone up a notch this week, but I do know how you feel when you have to take time off.

I hope you can get some really good pain relief from your doctor.

Take Care
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby mand » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi ....saw gp he wanted to know who diagnosed fibro as you can tell not a gp i usually see, then decided to test the points :shock: ..well i can say yep i had all of them, having bloods done and seeing another gp in two weeks, he has prescribed 60mgs of codeine to help..its not touching i think i need a stun gun, talked about amitriptaline but again declined , last time i had them didnt agree with me, i do take 5htp natures equivalent... il just plod on... today left foot and up leg hurting im hoping its due to staggering around with bad back.......... the pain is driving me to distraction ive just ruined tea so im starting again, feeling quite tetchy to say the least.................. all i want is a bit of warm weather, sure thats a trigger

sending my best wishes and take care guys...............m
mand
UKFM Member

Postby Morgana » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:26 pm

(Hugs) I hope you feel better soon x
Morgana
UKFM Member

Location: A filing cabinet in Hell... or at least that's what it feels like!

Postby shazq » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:32 pm

Hi Mand

I pulled my back last week :yikes: i could hardly move :yikes: i used a hot water bottle which helped. Heat pads are good as well.

This rotten weather does not help as we have extra pain, roll on summer :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby mand » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:12 am

Hi, feeling more like my usual self...still in pain, but my frame of mind is on the up and up....or is it the painkillers kicking in :lol: , back's still bad, i have an appt at docs next week so will plod on and mention it if still problematic, went for blood tests today mainly for iron count, ive only been off iron meds for a week so i dont know if it will make a difference.........hope alls well and keeping warm, many thanks.... M
mand
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia