Gaining Weight & don't know why?!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Gaining Weight & don't know why?!

Postby LouLou » Fri May 24, 2013 10:18 am

:woot: :welldone: Moobaloo

Keep up the good work!
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Moobaloo » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:55 am

Hi all,

Thought I'd update you on my progress - I've lost (and am keeping off) just over a stone! :D
If I could, I'd do a happy dance hahaha!

Still got about another 10-14lbs to shift & reach my goal weight, but I'm still feeling really positive about doing it.

As always, if any of you want to lose some weight & would like a buddy, just get in touch x
Moobaloo
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:10 am

That's brilliant going Moobaloo :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I can't do a little dance for you either, but as these can, here they are to help you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: and :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:

Hope it's not too long before that target weight becomes an achieved weight for you :goodluck2: :fingerscrossed: :goodluck2: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Moobaloo » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:58 pm

18lbs gone in 3 months!! :D

But it's my b'day today so I'll be eating a massive slice of the Death By Chocolate cake I made yeaterday hahaha!

Hope you're all coping with the heatwave xx
Moobaloo
UKFM Member

Postby cocobella » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:34 pm

Welldone Moobaloo!!!!!! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY. 18 pounds is great and is always really noticeable too. Heatwave has subsided up here in Scotland boohoo
cocobella
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:11 pm

grrrrrr i dont no weather to be pleased others are over weight like me or sad lol.
i two have gone from a 16 to a 20 . im tall but even i cant carry that off unnoticed ,its really knocked any confident s out of u dont it,
i cant even stand seeing myself in the mirror now . so on top of paan and being tired were now fat :shock: oh anit it just great :yikes:
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Moobaloo » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:01 am

Thanks cocobella, I had a lovely time :)

I know what you mean, Painprincess - even though it should be comforting to know you're not the only one, it's hard not to feel down about yourself especially as we're in so much pain.

I decided I couldn't bear getting any bigger, as it would destroy what little self esteem I've got left as well as potentially aggravating the pain in my joints. The problem we all have is that we are nowhere near as mobile as we previously were, so regardless of meds that can cause weight gain, we have to cut our calorie intake in order not to pile more weight on.

Using myfitnesspal has made keeping tabs on what I eat much easier and it also makes you aware of just how many calories we consume without even thinking about it. I've still eaten chocolate nearly every day (and birthday cake!), takeaway food & had the occasional glass of wine and still managed to lose the weight!

If it's really getting you down, you CAN do something about it and I think it's really important for our mental wellbeing too. I was getting so depressed & started comfort eating & self-harming again - I asked my GP for help but even though she was sympathetic, she didn't really help me. We have to take control back from the fibro & depression & make small, positive steps to turn things around - I know it's not easy, far from it, but the hardest part is getting started. Once you see results on the scales (which should be almost immediate) the motivation increases & you feel like you're back in control of your life, rather than being held hostage in your oewn body by fibro ;-)

Xx

X
Moobaloo
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia