Just need to have a moan!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Just need to have a moan!

Postby Cath1980 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:32 pm

Hi,

I haven't been here for a while but I have been really having a rubbish time for the last month. I was diagnosed with FM about 6 years ago but had it for a few years before I got diagnosed. I think the cold weather is to blame but I am also under a bit of stress as my OH has no job just now. I have been having so much pain in my arms and neck. It's worse in the night and it keeps me awake or wakes me up in the early hours and then I can't get back to sleep. The pain is agonising. Its the tops of my left arm and the top of my neck and both my wrists feel like I have sprained them. I am left handed too which isn't great but that's prob why it's the worst arm. I always struggle in bed to get comfy as my hips won't allow me to sleep on my side for very long. I have got a repeat prescription for tramadol and am considering trying pregablin again though last time it really affected my memory. My OH has tried to help out as we have a 2 year old and I am finding it difficult to pick him up. I do feel like he doesn't always understand how much pain I am in and how fed up I am. It does get me down after a while but I am not one to sit and constantly moan.

I am dreading bedtimes at the minute, it's total agony like some one has a vice around my upper arm and it's throbbing :(

Just need a moan to get it off my chest as I know everyone will understand.

Cath xx
ImageImage
Cath1980
UKFM Member

Re: Just need to have a moan!

Postby shazq » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:07 pm

Hi Cath

Sorry to hear you are suffering, have you tried sleeping on one of those v shaped pillows? dont know if one of them would help your neck and arm pain?
Its horrible when you cant get comfy of a night as we dont sleep to good as it is. This cold weather does not help as it can make us extra achy. :(

Hope things improve for you soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Cath1980 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:12 am

Hi shazq,

I haven't got a V shaped pillow but that is a great idea. I might look into getting one. Thanks for the suggestion xx
ImageImage
Cath1980
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:04 am

Hi Cath,

sorry to hear
the cold weather doesn't help

when the pain gets too much I put the electric blanket on
:sick:
this does help me especially with my lower body (knees, feet, hips)
might have to do with the circulation :oops:

for my upper body I have somethins similar
it is a portable electric neck and back warmer (can't remimber the right name)
a wheet bag or hot water bottle might do the trick

but sure you know that already

anyway
many gentle :hugs:
Lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:56 pm

awww hun i no howu feel my little one is ten months old and picking her up hurts. not like u ca just go to bed when u want.do uhave paracetamol with your tramadol. it helps it work better dr told me that so that what i do now,i just woke u today with a sinus infection face is killing me .hugs
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:48 pm

Sorry to hear how things are for you at bedtimes Cath :( :( :( :( I'm with Lu on the benefits of the leccie blankie :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: It's been my best friend during this extended :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy:

Considering adding an additional med to what you're already on might be the thing to help make you feel a little more comfortable at this time.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LouLou » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:45 pm

Hi Cath

I agree with the others this weather has really affected a lot of us the last few weeks. I too couldn't live without my electric blanket lol. It sounds like you may be under a bit of stress with your OH not having a job at the moment and stress/worry can cause our pain to increase a few notches.

I also have something similar to fibro lu for my neck, it's a heated massager and you can change the settings to suit what you neet. Or hot water bottles/micro wheat bags are great for the same thing

I really hope things pick up for you soon
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia