Shoulder pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Shoulder pain

Postby lynne » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:28 pm

Hi everyone,thought some of you could help me with my shoulder pain.Last year I had severe shoulder/neck pain,was off work for a month,my doctor gave me a steroid injection followed by physio.My doctor said it was a frozen shoulder.Half way through the physio,my right shoulder started to ache,that was August of last year.Since then,i have had a steroid injection which didnt work.I am now waiting for physio which starts on 25th April.My doctor thinks it isnt related to the fibro but im not sure.The pain goes on every day,all day/night.It radiates up to the base of my neck,it feels like ive been punched in the arm.Day to day living is a problem,dressing,housework,bathing ect.Has anyone else had these problems ?

Lynne x
somedays are better than others but my smile stays the same.
lynne
UKFM Member

Re: Shoulder pain

Postby lolabolla » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:51 pm

Hy Lynne,

Same thing happened with my right shoulder.

I was managing the 'usual' pains that we get untill in May 2011, my right shoulder started being sooo painfull with shooting pains going down to my wrist and hand.

I managed to carry on working untill October of 2011 when I went of sick and was subsequently ill health retired in May 2012.

The rheumatologist also diagnosed frosen shoulder and injected my shoulder with cortisone but to be honest it didn't touch the pain.

My shoulder continued to give me terrific pain for months then in December of 2012 it started to ease bit by bit since then.

Now I just get the occasional twinge in it.

Personally, I think mine was FM related, but don't take my work for it.

Hope yours improves soon.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby Tinabond007 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:57 pm

Hi Lynne I have the same problem all the time, the only way to ease it is the excercise the physio showed me. They gave me a number of excercises to do and when I feel the start of the muscle spasms I do the excercises. This helps a lot as my front breast muscles hurt too. I have always suffered this problem before I was diagnosed with fm. Bad posture is one of the causes too eg. Sat at a desk on a computer really starts the pain in the back of my neck and I have to get off it. I have an I pad. Ow which is better. Hope this helps you good luck with physio . X
Tinabond007
UKFM Newbie

Postby lynne » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:13 pm

Thanks guys,I forgot to tell my GP about the front breast muscle hurting.The physio helped with my left arm so hopefully will work on the right one too.I have always been told not to relate everything to fibro but this came out of the blue.I am due to retire next year so trying to hang in there !! Thanks again.

Lynne x
somedays are better than others but my smile stays the same.
lynne
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia