ELBOW

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ELBOW

Postby kitten » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:46 pm

As any one had any problems with there elbows ,My left elbow just near the joint on the inside is so painful can't touch it it's very swollen can't carry anything with my left hand as soon as I stretch it out boy doe's it hurt ,suppose I am lucky it's not my right or else I would be in a pickle ,don't know if it's the O/A or if it's a muscle spasm : as I have then in my neck or just the wonderful Fibro :crazy:

:happy-easter2: :easter2:
kitten
UKFM Member

Re: ELBOW

Postby sallyasmo » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:10 pm

Hi,
I am suffering horrendously at the moment with the delightful FM and yes, my elbows are bad too! My pain, though, is on the outside and inside so can sympathise with you. Try to keep as warm as possible ... easier said than done .... and maybe wear an elbow support?! x :-)
sallyasmo
UKFM Newbie

Postby Clarebear » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:43 pm

Yes my elbows almost always hurt to some degree, especially on the inner part of the joint, sometimes I can't bear to touch them! I suffer from painful fingers and wrists too.
Clarebear
UKFM Newbie

Postby monica » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:53 pm

I have elbow pain on inside and outside too. I was told by the doctor it is Tennis Elbow and Golfers elbow and the fibro just makes it worse. I don't do things by halves! :roll: I think mine stems from cleaning jobs and horse work.
monica
UKFM Member

Postby val1705 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:31 pm

Hi i have pains in my elbows they just started a week or so ago, Also wrists fingers especially my thumbs are so sore and very hot.
val1705
UKFM Newbie

Postby val1705 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:31 pm

Hi i have pains in my elbows they just started a week or so ago, Also wrists fingers especially my thumbs are so sore and very hot.
val1705
UKFM Newbie

Postby Graygirl » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:33 am

I have a swollen mass of tissue on the inside of my left elbow, just on one side of my arm. It doesn't usually hurt, but sometimes it becomes more swollen and then it gets really painful and affects the movement of my arm. I've been able to have some physiotherapy which calmed it down again, and now it's usually just the lump of tissue. No idea what's caused it. Hope your arm - and you! - feel better soon.
Graygirl
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:02 pm

Hi everyone thanks for your replies

I have hit the codeine this morning and going to rub Voltarol on as well as my fingers give it another go :roll:
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi,

I get really bad pain and on the insides of my elbows too and I cant stretch them fully, they wont straighten as the pain is too bad. I also have it at the back of both knees too. My left side overall with everything to do with this illness is worse than my right.

Graygirl wrote:I have a swollen mass of tissue on the inside of my left elbow, just on one side of my arm. It doesn't usually hurt, but sometimes it becomes more swollen and then it gets really painful and affects the movement of my arm. I've been able to have some physiotherapy which calmed it down again, and now it's usually just the lump of tissue. No idea what's caused it. Hope your arm - and you! - feel better soon.

Graygirl, I'm really glad you wrote this in here because I have terrible swellings at the backs of my knees and have not known what they are, but people dont seem to believe me and I have been so looking forward to seeing the rheumatologist to find out what they are as I knew he would know. But I think you could have the answer as it sounds like what I have. I'v not been able to walk today at all as I cant bear weight on my left leg cos of the swollen bit and those are always the bits that stop me from walking the most, the usual pain in the legs is one thing, but these things are another !!!!!!!!!!!!!! My elbows have the same thing but not as bad as my knees.
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby Graygirl » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:05 pm

I hope you can get an answer from the Rheumatologist about your knees - I'd be very interested to know what he says! I've actually found another forum thread on here - heading: swollen elbow - which began on 6th April 2010. A few other people have obviously been having the same problem. I think mine is simply a lipoma - a lump of fatty tissue - and it's only a problem when it starts to hurt. Lipomas are harmless, but the swelling can affect surrounding nerves and therefore cause pain. I think it's definitely worth talking to your doctor about your knees, especially because of the pain. I've had severe pain behind my left knee from time to time, but no noticeable swelling, and eventually it dies down again. Good luck with your appointment - hope you get some help. :fingerscrossed:
Graygirl
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:16 pm

Hi Graygirl,

Thank you.... I will let you know what he says about it after my appt., will post on the forum. I'm really hoping I can get some help with it.

thanks, take care xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby Picklepudding » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:11 pm

Just reading through some posts as I'm a newbie...yes this is another symptom that I have Grrrrrrr!!!! My left inner elbow is really sore, especially when I wake up in the morning. It's looking less and less likely for me that at my follow up appointment in 3 weeks that the rheumatologist is going to change his preliminary diagnosis :o(
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:32 pm

Kitten........after 23 years of this iIlness had never had elbow pain. This past month the weather has been horrendous and all over. My elbow pain was driving me crazy at times. I also have OA and am thinking it is that what causes my pain. Every other OA symptom was acting up at the same time.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia