Stress

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Stress

Postby chuckles166 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi everyone

My fibro seems to have jumped from 2nd gear to 4th, i suppose this could be classed as a 'flare up'? (even though i have not officially had one before). I have been under alot of stress these last 4 weeks with my mum being ill and caring for her, then the stress of her being in hospital and in the early hours of wednesday morning she passed away in her sleep. This has been a massive shock to us all as we were hoping she would be coming home next week in time to see her eldest grandson (my eldest son) get married and see her new great granddaughter(my youngest son's baby). She has been in so much pain these last few years i suppose she just couldnt take no more at least she is at peace now with no more pain.

I hope you can understand my sentence structure or lack of more like. If anyone else has been through similar circumstances how long did your 'flare' last for?

take care
chuckles
chuckles166
UKFM Member

Re: Stress

Postby deanna dimech » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:55 pm

Oh bless you. I know where you are coming from we had the same thing with my grandad over xmas and he died the end of Jan since then i have felt so ill. fibro dont like stress at all so when things start to carm down start putting your self first and the fibro will slowly improve, good luck
deanna dimech
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:03 pm

hi, sorry to hear your sad news,

you have been pushing the barriers both physicaly and mentaly and this is what happens,

i lost my auntie just after xmas and was pushing myself befor hand and it did make things worse,

i know its hard but like you have said she is at peace and the last thing she would want is for you to be suffering,

you have some lovely things to look forwaed to that are happy times, she may not be there in person but she will be in all your hearts and thoughts,

try to rest up as much as possible and if things dont calm down soon go and see your gp,

i hope the nice memories of your mum help you through this hard time and all goes well with the weding and birth.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby Jules Robin » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:10 pm

I was so sad to hear that your mum has died Chuckles ; really sorry for your physical suffering and now the grief you have to bear.
No wonder you have a massive flare up of fibro symptoms. I hope your family and friends will give you all the love and support you need especially with so much going on for you at the moment and that your fibro pain and fatigue with soon reduce to a more manageable level for you............thinking of you and your family......gentle hugs and take care Jules (Robin)
UKFM Member
Jules Robin
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:39 pm

I'm really sorry to hear it was time for your mum to go back to the angels chuckles :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: Sadly it is times like this that FM loves as it gets you at your lowest and then starts working its effects deeper and deeper into everything that its already got a hold on as well as trying to get a grip on the few little things that may have managed to evade it so far.

It's not easy to say how long your flare may last for. You could find that it completely floors you for a number of weeks then starts to ease off, or it could come and go, then decide to try and knock you even further just as it feels like things might be starting to turn round. The best way to manage times like this is to simply take each day as it comes, do what you need to do to make yourself as comfortable as you can and just steadily find your way thru this :( :( :( :( :( time.

You have 2 wonderfully bright moments coming in the middle of this sadness, and altho your mum won't be stood there with you, she will be watching over everything with so much love :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

You can't rush these things unfortunately, it will take as long as it needs to pass :( :( :( Try to give yourself the same sort of understanding and kindness that you will have for others going thru this with you. There will be things that you are wanting and needing to do that will be difficult to manage. Hopefully tho, the love and support from those close and important to you will add to helping you get thru this time :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LouLou » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:38 pm

Hi chuckles

I just wanted to send you my love and condolensces (sorry about the spelling) I am so so sorry for your loss. Unfortunately as the others have said FM loves stress/worry/hard work and that is when it tends to strike you. It does sound like you are having a flare up, us on here often have flare ups where our pain levels will go up a notch or a thousand and the durtion it lasts differs from person to person and each flare can last a different amount of time.

It's not supising that you are going through a flare with al you are going through at the moment, as Fluppy said you have 2 wonderful moments coming up and as hard as it will be with the loss of your mum, I hope you can take some comfort in Fluppys words.

I'm sorry I can't offer you any more words of wisdom as I have never lost anyone that close to me, but I just wanted to send you my love and thoughts.

Take Care
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi chuckles

So Sorry to hear about your mum. :hugs: :flowers:

Everyone is different with flares but stress with no doubt can be a trigger, no one will be able to tell you when it will go but you will learn to live with them. :grouphug: Try to take things day by day and dont over do things. Learn to listen to your body and take lots of rests if you need to. Try to pace yourself throughout the day.

Hot baths, Tens machines, wheat bags can help with pain. Hope you start to feel better soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby difly » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:14 am

Hi so sorry to hear of your loss take care of yourself xx
difly
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia