Tinnitus

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tinnitus

Postby Tinabond007 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:48 am

Does anyone suffer with tinnitus due to fibromyalgia? It's awful and I'm not sure if its tablets which cause it, I'm on 800mg morn and night of brufen retard, dosulepin 75 . Noises drive me mad?
Tinabond007
UKFM Newbie

Re: Tinnitus

Postby babajane32 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:05 am

Don't know if its due to the fibro,but have heard a lot of fibrosis saying they have it. Sensativity to noise is also a common theme. I have drops every so often for the tinnitus as although I seam to have it all the time,sometimes it increases to the level of a large jet engine!..not fun.
babajane32
UKFM Member

Postby bluesheep » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:55 am

Hi I have had Tinitus for last couple of years but I have inherited Maniers from my dad (thanks dad! as if I didn't have enough balance problems already) so that is more likley cause of it for me.
bluesheep
UKFM Member

Postby kazza65 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:35 am

i've had tinnitus for a few years and have only just been diagnosed with f/m....
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby Miss Painful » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:46 pm

Hi all

I have had Fibro for 11 years, about two years later I got Tinnitus and Asthma, it is all part of Fibro with a host of other ailments. Because Fibro affects all your muscles and tendons, parts of your body have a tendancy to go into spasms i.e. Gullet, Bowel, Bladder so on and so forth.
Gentle Hugs :happy-easter2:
Miss Painful
UKFM Member

Postby sallzz » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:00 pm

Hi
I've had tinnitus for at least the last 6 months, my doc says it is from pregabalin and there is nothing that can be done, I just have to live with it :scream-1: I have it all day every day :( :(

:hugs:
sallzz
UKFM Member

Postby shellyjean » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi i suffer with Tinnitus, well i think so anyway. I have this constant ringing in my ears. When i go to bed I have a fan on all the time through summer and winter to try to block out some of the sound as it drives my bonkers. I think it it on the list of many symptoms of fibromyalgia. Its a horrible illness to have. I hate everyday.
shellyjean
UKFM Newbie

Tinnitus

Postby goangirl » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:28 pm

I don't have ringing, but a sort of low thud in my ears. Is that a sort of tinnitus?
goangirl
UKFM Newbie

Postby FinkyDink » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:37 pm

I'm beginning to doubt the diagnosis of Menieres I received a few years ago and wonder if the tinnitus and dizziness are due to the fibro. But yes I get tinnitus constantly, and occasionally so loud it drowns everything else out.
FinkyDink
UKFM Member

Postby kazza65 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:43 pm

i have a noise in my ears it sounds like when you go to the sea side and put a shell to your head. I have had on hearing test done last may and they found i had hardly any hearing in my right ear. And on tuesday i have to go for another one. Looks like i'm going to be registering my self deaf...

Do any body know how to register your self deaf....
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:41 pm

FinkyDink wrote:I'm beginning to doubt the diagnosis of Menieres I received a few years ago and wonder if the tinnitus and dizziness are due to the fibro. But yes I get tinnitus constantly, and occasionally so loud it drowns everything else out.

Tinnitus, hearing problems and balance problems were the first things that started appearing symptom~wise for me and lead to a dx of Menieres and me being treated for it unsuccessfully for 4 very long and stressful years. It was only after being referred for a second lot of those horrendous balance tests that it came to light that what had been referred to as "Menieres~like symptoms" by my GP at the time was taken as a definite dx by the consultant, even tho the results from the balance tests gave no indication of the condition.

Mine has been attributed to migraines, which was what the audiologist said after the first lot of balance tests, altho nothing was ever said to me until then.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:52 pm

I get really bad tinnitus when my neck is realy stiff.

It restricts the blood flow and i can hear pumping and whooshing and like a car enguine thats on just sat outside :crazy: if you know what im saying :crazy:

I also recently had a weeks worth f strong anitbiotics, this gave me the worst tinnitus iv ever experienced. Constant drumming in my head and dizzyness to point i coudnt function at all, more worse at night and when i was tired.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby painprincess1 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:00 pm

i have tinnitus i had it for 17 years ,some times it gets so loud i think im going mad .a few things i learnt along the way that help is a ticking clock in the bed or if its really bad put a watch right near your ear on the pillow.i get ringing bells sounds of hissing and a very loud screaming .if it gets very bad at night and u cant sleep if u can use head phones with a little music .u do learn to live with it as u cant do anything else just no your not alone,
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby binty » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:22 am

I have suffered with tinnitus for some years now along with fibro. I have also become noise sensitive. Thought it was just an age thing but I do believe that both are symptons of fibro :( .
binty
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:14 pm

ive had it for years.but then i used to work in a kennels and the barking did it for me. the only thing i have found over years and years is if your in bed put a watch to your ear really helps me sleep when its very bad.the only other thing it to try not to dwell on it .i no your going to say yer right it so loud i cant think.i no i had it wake me up screaming in my ears.all i can say is i have to lay there and tell myself it will pass.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia