Child free night....whats happened to me?!?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Child free night....whats happened to me?!?

Postby ouchiemama » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:07 pm

Ok so Im pretty new to this, not formally diagnosed yet but Im convinced this is what I have after the doc suggesting it!

Anyway so this is the 3rd time this year all 3 kids have been away for the night & the 3rd time I have stayed in, closed the curtains, pjs, tv, early night!!

This time last year if I was child free I'd have found someone, anyone to go out on the town with me, have a good few drinks, find a party...

Im only 34 & although I am joking about how times have changed & what has happened to me, as are my friends, I am actualy starting to get concerned that I will never be up to going out again, never have fun again, never meet the man of my dreams (that was doubtful before I got ill, chances now slim to none)

:lol: but also :( and a bit of :crazy:

xx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Re: Child free night....whats happened to me?!?

Postby paulamcl » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:10 pm

hi im 32yrs with one kid. a year and a half ago i wouldve gone out at the drop of a hat but now im in my pj's by 8pm watching toy story on a saturday night. i actually dont mind not going out now but when i do i have to gear myself up all week and then panick that i wont last the pace but when im out i do have a good night even if i have to change into my pumps instead of stillettos :lol: unfortunatley i cant go out every weekend i would prob die :lol: it maskes me :( :-x that i cant do all the things i used to do. dont you worry you will make the odd night out and enjoy it even more as for men round my bit there is none decent enough :lol: x
paulamcl
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:31 pm

Dont panic ladies, sometimes when you have kids a child free night is a night to catch up with sleep :lol: :lol: :lol: but seriously, if you know you are having a night without the kids then plan for it, store up some of that energy (the little bit we have) and try to do something even if its just to have a few friends round to yours, or go and see that film you've been wanting to see but havent had the energy and if you can get a bit of time the next day to rest up all the better.

Dont dispair though and think you wont ever get out again, you can do, you just need to pace and plan carefully
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby LouLou » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:09 am

Lol I know the feeling, I'm 29 going on 89 most days lol.

To be honest ouchie you described my ideal dream night lol. I don't have children yet but I can imagine I'll be much the same as you guys when I do. I just love my sleep so much and I'm such a homey person I love nothing more than curling up on the sofa all warm and snug watching whatever I want.

But when I do have a night out coming up I do what denys has said. I rest as much as I can in the days before and then make sure I have some days after to rest and recover. This way I still get to go out occassionally and enjoy myself.

Paula I love Toy Story lol, this will make you all laugh. Last Sunday night me and OH were supposed to be going out for a meal but we both got all comfy and cosy on the sofa with the fire on so he decided to cancel the meal (not me for once lol it was only us 2 for the meal anyway) lol instead we watched Pinocchio (the original Disney version) and ordered in and I tell you we have both said since Sunday how lovely a night it was lol. And we are both under 30!!! :shock:
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby ouchiemama » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:08 pm

Thank you peeps, I dont feel so bad now, its just all so new to me & I was a bit of a party animal any chance I got so to be staying in on the rare times the kids are away is so not me...well the old me anyway!

Ahhhh I dont even have a definate diagnosis so theres still the hope that Im going to wake up fine again!

I slept from 11 till 11.30 which was fabulous, so great to wake up when your body decides not when a little person does lol, but still I woke up feeling like I was at the gym all night!

Trying to muster up some energy to go to the shop, its only a 5 min walk but oh its a thought!

Cheers again guys :-) xx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Postby paulamcl » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:25 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: lou lou yeah that did make me laugh. sometimes they kind of nights are the best. secretly i enjoy watching toy story, the 3rd one is my favorite :lol: x
paulamcl
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:00 am

lol couldn't agree more paula lol. I love all the Disney films and pixar animated ones, I noticed yesterday that Sky have put a Disney channel on their movies so I've already filled up our planner with cartoons to record lol guess what me and Oh are doing this weekend then? lol Aladdin, Bambi, Cinderella oh I'm so excited.

Ouchie I'm glad you managed to get some sleep, sometimes our bodies just need it. I usually have one day a week where I'll sleep for 12 hours straight, it's normally at the weekend after being at work all week lol.

Try and stay positive though, even if your diagnosis does point to FM there are things you can do to help and ways around things. Oh and you have all of us lol.
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:19 pm

You might feel different when the warmer weather gets here, when its cold outside you dont feel like going out, we are extra achy and feel down, its nice to get into your p.j`s and curl up on the sofa and watch a film.

I bet if you get the same opportunity in the summer you would feel different and go out. :fingerscrossed: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby painprincess1 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:36 pm

well hunnie i have 3 teens and one ten months old baby. i used to go out but now the idea of going out kills me . tv cuppa tea maybe some choccy. and jonathen creeek lol. i love my pjs and i have freinds online if i want to chat with anyone. life changes with fibro and u do with it.yes u will go out and have lots of great nights ,your just lean to pace yourself.ive had fibro over ten years and i meet my man 3 year ago so u will find a goodman when your meant to ,right now id just get to grips with the fibro and your health first xxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:19 am

Lol you are so right Shazq, in the summer my sofa is replaced by a sun lounger in the garden and the tv replaced with my kindle. Happy Days :lol:
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia