Fibro pain jumps from one place to another

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro pain jumps from one place to another

Postby BellaH » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:22 am

Morning everyone! Hope your all ok.

I've noticed that my chest can be hurting then that fades and it jumps to say my arm and its constantly doing this throughout the day. Anyone else notice this?

Also, just as I'm falling to sleep at night I jolt awake and my whole body jumps!

Love to you all, bella x
BellaH
UKFM Member

Re: Fibro pain jumps from one place to another

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:24 am

What you're describing with the pain going from one area to another is something a lot of us have had and still experience at times Bella, it seems to be yet another frustrating foible of the condition that it wants us to deal with :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: Same with the jolting just as you're falling asleep, that particular little gem is affecting me quite a lot of the moment and at its worst the jolt has been so strong that it's made me sit bolt upright, which made my OH :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

The usual factors, stress and worry and upset, feed them even more, so it's the usual advice of trying not to fret about things and relax a little more to try and get them to behave more suitably I'm afraid :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: If they're really starting to impact on other areas tho, or are giving you a bit more cause for concern than usual, you could always see your GP to see if there anything that can be done to try and ease things off for you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Isla » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:28 am

I have experienced the same, one minute my feet & knee's are so sore it takes all my strength to walk, also my mind tells me to go but my legs wont so I loose my balance so I often use a walking stick :( , other days I couldn't use the stick as my hands, wrists, elbows & muscles at the top of my arms are so sore, I live on a cocktail of Tramadol, amitriptyline, Pre Gabalin for my Fibro. Sertraline for depression, (caused by my fibro), Lisinopril for high blood pressure, the medication is not curing my fibro but it does ease it a bit, I have tried to go to bed (dead beat) without the last of the day medication thinking that I will sleep, but how wrong was I, there is never a day goes by that I don't have pain somewhere in my body, I haven't been on the computer for ages due to the fact that I can't concentrate, the worse thing is when I talk to someone & mid sentence I forget what I am talking about & forget someone's name that I have known for years, I think this is all due to my Fibro, I hope so & it isn't dementia :cry: . Hope you have a good day & Soft hugs to you :-) . Isla
<3 :) Isla Stewart :) <3
Isla
UKFM Newbie

Postby PennyJ » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:22 am

Isla, You have made me feel so much better as I thought I was losing my mind..My pain also jumps from area to area on a daily basis and I so forget peoples names that I have known for years and then I do so get cross with myself. I have recently been prescribed Gapapentin and it helped a little as I was going through so much Paracetamol and Ibuprofren and that can't do your liver much. I was taking Co-enzyme Q10 but I wasn't sure if it really helped my early fibro fog and stiffness in the mornings now I do know that it did help and have ordered some more. My GP suggested that I may be low in vitamin D,well after last years summer and a crappy winter I wasn't surprised,so had a blood test and yes I was very low and am also now taking vitamin D supplement and I wait to see if that benefits me.Lets just hope we have a better summer this year and somehow it might make us all feel lifted.
PennyJ
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:00 pm

Hi
There are so many symptoms to fibro it affects you whole body.

It`s a nightmare having the pain jump all around your body, one minute your in pain with your back then it`s in in arms and legs, we dont get any peace from it do we. :facepalm:

I am like you Isla i have to use a walking stick because i lose my balance and had a few falls where my legs just give way.
My knees click when i move them and lock and and ankles give way. :roll:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby lolo73 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:03 pm

I think what you are describing is typical of FMS, I have this too, sometimes it is my legs sometimes my hands, nearly always my back and shoulders. It can be one thing one whole day or many sites in one day, I never know what to expect. I hope you can find a way to cope with it all x
lolo73
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:12 pm

Like Bella and others I also have the "jolts" , I thought they were all part of restless leg/arm .Its like someone has put an electrode in part of your muscle and then turns the electric up to full and you have no control of your muscle they just jerk & jump for a split second and then it seems the electric is turned off and they return to normal , although sometimes I have a bit of cramp/pain afterwards that no pain killer seems to shift.

Today I have pain in every single area of my body , :( everything, legs, arms, head all feels so heavy and cramping and they all seem to be taking turn viaing for attension . I look alright, so it is difficult for even family member to understand the amount of pain and discomfort I'm feeling . :( Even a couple of SR Tramadol doesn't seem to make a difference

I've been in bed all day ,cause I know that if I get up I will only want to laze on the sofa. I've been down to make a cuppa tea but not sure it was worth it as climbing back up stairs I felt like I was part of the Everest team going for the top!
Not a lot of sympathy in the house today however, as I've been told it was all self inflicted and I did to much when I knew I shouldn't , which I guess I did but in a good cause.

DD and her friend organised a charity movie night for the charity Adoption UK. Which helps families going through the adoption process from pre - adoption to long after the ink has dried on the adoption papers.

As they are both at school all the last minute things fell to the mums. So given the warm sun and feeling full of the joys of spring and feeling I could again do "mummy things" off I went and did what was needed , then it was down to the little theatre they had rented and I also helped out with the supper etc. I guess I must have been running on adrenalin cause boy am I feeling it now!!

I am however a very proud momma :woot: :chicken-dance: as just heard the 2 girls have raised £480 for Adoption UK !! :woot: :flowers: :blowkiss:

Who say all teenagers are bad.......mind you they have thier moments :lol:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby monica » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:09 am

Pain moving around the body is the one aspect of fibro that upsets me the most! :(

I've not had the jumping thing described though, so I should be thankful for that.
monica
UKFM Member

Postby vmvseoa » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:10 am

The jolting is fun isn't it! Just nodding off and my whole body seems to spasm at once. We used to have a wooden foot board on the bed but I jolted awake one night and broke my toe so I took the foot board off.
vmvseoa
UKFM Member

Postby chookie » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:25 am

One day it's my feet that are on fire and then my arms get it another, then it's my bum muscles and then it's fingers.... :yikes: I think that it's all quite normal but also very annoying.
Fibromyalgia, M.E, IBS, General Anxiety Disorder, Dyspraxia, Discalculia
chookie
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia