dam hands

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

dam hands

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:32 pm

well my hands really hurt. and all because i slept well and didnt move much .in fact i could hadly move them , so fed up.i had a hard week with kids off shcool . and had mum and dad as well, today im trying to get through the washing and ironing , i got to do it noone else here , wish painkillers worked.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: dam hands

Postby dawn8574 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:52 pm

I'm glad I am not the only person that happens too :( nothing makes a difference
dawn8574
UKFM Newbie

Postby yummyhunnybunny » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:57 pm

I have had Fibro for over 25 years now and when I was diagnosed all I was given was a small piece of paper to say what it was then sent away with no support!! how things have changed...there is the understanding but still not effective help for the pain.I too find life with unpredictable hands quite challenging, I have pain in my hands most days. I find that I get them most relief when I massage them with handcream,not only does the massage help it makes me feel better because my skin looks good too. :-D I have been taking Amitriptyline for the pain for number of years now as I also find that traditional pain medicines are far from effective,but whilst taking this medication I have found that it makes my skin so dry so have made the decision to slowly stop taking them and see if I can cope with the pain. I am lucky that I have a very understanding Husband who helps a lot, and a Doctor who did some of her training with a leading Rheumatologist.Due to the pain I retired 18 months ago,( I used to work in a Primary School! ) and I have a little dog who is just 12 months old, who is helping me in leaps and bounds, she never judges me when I complain and is always there for a cuddle when I feel low! :dogchasecat1: I have managed to remove a lot of the stress from my life, sometimes that is'nt always possible I know. Don't despair, slow down, don't think that everything has to be done in one day .....Hope that my experiences can help a little .
yummyhunnybunny
UKFM Member

Postby sallyasmo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:39 pm

Hi, i have got horrendous problems with all my muscles at the moment. The only place that doesn't hurt is my abdomen, chest and face!! My thighs, hips, hands, elbows, shoulders and neck are the worse :( It does help if i gently massage my hands .... but usually my skin is so tender that's difficult too!! Painkillers don't always help but a heat pad does [or hot water bottle] so i rely on that. Can't be much help to be honest, as i'm feeling so sorry for myself!! I'm hoping that we all improve when the weather decides to warm up! :-)
sallyasmo
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia