Over done it

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Over done it

Postby ouchiemama » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:16 pm

Ow ow ow, kids went back to school on monday so had a wee list of things to do, could tell at the time yesterday that I was in pain, was at docs & got stronger painkillers & am to up my amitriptyline...forced myself into town again today, thought I was seriously gonna colapse at 1 point... Man I am suffering now!!

My arms feel like they are gonna fall off, my shoulders ache, me neck aches, my legs are durling, feet are burning, ankles feel like bones are broken, my brain is mush & I have a headache!!! (Atleast I put dinner in the slow cooker this morning so kids will get fed!!)

Roll on bedtime!! :sleep:

I am not formally diagnosed, waiting for rheumy app but doc is pretty sure I have fibro..so am I, unfortunatly!!

Question is - is this what happens to others?? Will I ever manage to pace myself?? Why did I not stay at home & take it easy today??

:crazy: :crazy:

xxx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Re: Over done it

Postby ruth2013 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:31 pm

Hiya,

We are all guilty of this.

We think oh, I don´t feel too bad today. Maybe I can go and get a few things done. Next thing you know, agony, and feeling worse for the next few days.

Eventually you will cotton on that it´s not worth pushing yourself.

Let me know when you achieve this, cause as of yet I have´nt. LOL.

Gentle hugs as always!

Ruth
ruth2013
UKFM Member

Postby kazza65 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:13 pm

Hi

I can second that we are always doing too much and pay for it big time the next day :( :(

My hubby is building a new fence to stop the dog getting out due to neighbours rotting holey fence and with it been nice yesterday evening i said i will paint. Then last night after i went in a nice hot bubbly bath i felt like i had been run over buy a fifty ton truck, i had to up my oramorph and my amitriptyline up aswell.

Then this morning i couldn't move my arms and it walk felt like i was work on red hot coals. My back is killing, so at lunch time i had to take more oramorph and get my head down for a couple hours..... :sleep:

Oh when will we learn we carn't do thing we used to on good days because we pay big time the day after to we have to pace our self all the time knowing a limitation..... and accept it now :!: :!:
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi
Try to have some you time tomorrow :hugs: you should pace yourself throughout your day so you dont burn yourself out, you need to recharge your batteries. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby ouchiemama » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:39 pm

Thanks for replying guys! Good not to feel so alone, no-one understands unless they have been there!

As its not yet confirmed & early days for me I still keep thinking I am gonna wake up fine one of these days!!

Aww well I am in bed now, kids all upstairs too but still wide awake! Hope they chill out soon Im shattered!!

Will get peace to myself while they are at school tomorrow & I wont be going anywhere!

xx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:16 pm

i think for me if i dont make myself go out i get worse. if u can move around with fibro u should. i have 4 children and i no how hard u have to work washing ironing cooking cleaning.all i can say it try doing what i now have to do and trust me i hate leaving things.when i wash the cloths and dry them the next day i say sod it i wait till i have alot of ironing. and do the lot it gives me a few days off the ironing that why.i hover everyday and wash floors but i clean bathroom once a week now .i try to cook at least 3 or 4 simple meals a week ,and as i cant sleep in the day and i dont sleep well at night i always lay down for an hour and watch some tv or read look at what u do every day and what you dont really need to.i have to get a bus in the town as im in a village so i go 2 times a week tops now its a pain i no but i do find once u get a routine going it really helps xxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby sweetie pie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:50 am

your lucky you can do that still, I cant hoover anymore or bend down to do the floors, anything I do aggravates this big time & going outside feels like such an ordeal , i was out a lot @ nights now I cant do that even if I wanted to, so @ the moment I really resent this fibro so much, as now feel so weak everyday & the fatigue is terrible, never gives me one day break, that's why I love sleeping as its the only time I can to get away from this fibro, hope All you laddies are fine XX
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia