Do you have signs things are going to get worse?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Di davo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:59 pm

Hi there,
I'm just wondering if any of you get signs that your going to have a bad patch?
I'm still waiting on my hospital appointment but my doc is now really sure it's fybro,just been through another bad spell of pains and either tiredness or not sleeping, not being able to count, or hold a normal conversation with hubby, but interestingly hubby says he saw this one coming, he thinks I go through clumsiness before I get hit bad, I go to pick a glass up and knock it over instead, or reach for something and knock everything over in my path, which isn't fun when it's my sons juice all over his dinner. I do know when it happens but not sure why, I have noticed when doing things I have no strength in my right hand, and now do more with my left even though I'm right handed!
Di
Di davo
UKFM Member

Re: Do you have signs things are going to get worse?

Postby shell7088 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:40 pm

Mine would typically start with a burning, dragging sensation in my arms and/or legs which can come on for no reason. This can then be followed by feeling disorientated. I describe it as having had a very heavy night out and only having had a few hours sleep, feeling as though when I walk I am walking on a slant and feel a bit drunk, dropping things, not being able to focus properly and doing stupid, forgetful things x
shell7088
UKFM Newbie

Postby Morgana » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:05 pm

I just can't get comfortable; and when I resume my lowly position as cat furniture they really hurt me just by lying on me
Morgana
UKFM Member

Location: A filing cabinet in Hell... or at least that's what it feels like!

Postby Flash » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:14 am

I get a fizzing feeling in the back of my neck and start to drop things and talk slurred. It happens when I have done alot like house work AND shopping on the same day. I get those feelings then F/M starts to kick in and get gradually worse. If I push myself too hard I get very sore all over and my neck feels like it's being gripped quite tightly from behind. Then I collapse. :roll:
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:50 pm

Hi Di davo

That's an interesting question. I've had my OH and a few people I am close to say they have seen it in my face when I am having a bad day, even when I have my make up on and I'm pushing through.

In terms of knowing a bad flare is coming, I'm trying to think back to whether I have known one was coming or not and to be honest the one thing that does come to mind is that I get even more tired just before a flare. And by tired I mean it's an absolute struggle to stay awake and the second I am sat down I'm fast asleep for hours. When I wake up there it is a flare hits me full force and I am bed bound for the day.

That's all I have noticed thinking about it but it's interesting to see if any others get similar things and also see how other people can see things we do more than we do ourselves.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:18 pm

I think it is different for all of us when it comes to things like this. Where FM is concerned, I don't have any warning that it is going to hit me :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: I now work on the basis that there will be payback for whatever I do and just try to ride it out. I was on a rare night out last night and was prepared for the morning after effect. Unfortunately FM decided that not only would the payback start earlier, it would also be much more "expensive" so all meds (incl spares), hottie botties, wheaty bags the kettle and microwave are on red knicker alert :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Don't think it will stop me doing the time warp tho :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

WIth the CFS tho, that does give me a bit of a warning as my limbs start to feel heavier which then starts spreading over my body, draining me as it goes further due to the increased heaviness. I also find that I start forgetting more things and get more and more words mixed up :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: Again, I just go with it and wait for things to start becoming more copable with again.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby kitten » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:49 pm

very clumsy walk in doors etc can't talk proper ,can't spell ( thank goodness for the spell check ) :roll: my legs feel like lead, and seem to get more hot flushes no sooner hot then cold :yikes:
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:40 pm

Forgot to add memory now that is bad when you forget some one name that you know well :oops: :roll: and you just can't remember what even some article's are called :-? :-?
kitten
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia