Fibro with Constant neck spasms/pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Fibro with Constant neck spasms/pain

Postby Depp_lover1980 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:14 pm

I only realised after i'd posted that you had some relieve from the tens machine which is great.

In my case i'd spent a year in bed with intense neck pain and migraines, so the relieve was welcome as you can imagine after being in that much agony for so long!

I hope you continue to get some relief.
Depp_lover1980
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:29 pm

My fibro was triggered by a head and neck injury at work. I certainly relate to everyones pain. I won't say I know how you feel, I don't, everyone's pain is their own,. The same pain but different.

The pain and spasm was so bad I couldn't turn my neck for over a year. I still can't look down long, as if I was doing a jigsaw puzzle or looking at something directly on a desk.

Years of muscle relaxents, pain meds, nerve blocks etc. I finally have come to terms. DON'T DO WHAT SETS IT OFF. I am off a lot of meds but am limited to what I do.

You have been given different ideas as to what might help, I hope something does. I could say what worked and what didn't for me but you are different, we all are. Don't completely discard the use of meds, some do work wonders if used properly. Try new things, new ideas. I found I learned a lot at the pain clinics I attended.

I truly feel for you. I think pain in your neck and back of the head has to be the worst feeling. Especially when it radiates through your whole body
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby sweetie pie » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:36 pm

no what you mean it drags you down having it non stop on neck & shoulders, it never leaves my neck & shoulders but teens machine does ease the shoulders a bit, you can get it @ boots £50,do you not feel its just a strain just keeping your head up straight, due to the heavy ache feelings to, its a real shame as you have it so young, I do hope you get help re it, best wishes
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Postby Depp_lover1980 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:52 am

It really does vary what works for us as I have found tens machines to be useless, but I love my heat blanket. But I lent it to my father in law and it did nothing for him! :-D
Depp_lover1980
UKFM Member

Postby lucybythsea » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:32 pm

I would say in the short term try tramadol as it sounds like nerve pain, and for the long term try a reputable, registered McTimoney chiropractor, who will gently :-) align your spine. This often leads to instant muscle relaxation in my neck and back. Best wishes x
Hello, Im 30 and have severe fibro. Come check out my blog: http://www.fibrofandango.wordpress.com
lucybythsea
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia