re knee pain and locking knees?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby marianne p » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:07 pm

hi everyone,i have been getting knee pain the last couple of days,sometimes one of my knees will lock which will make my stop in my tracks with the pain and it is hard to move for 5 mins or so,has anybody else had this probelm? marianne p x :yikes: :pull-hair: :scream-1:
marianne p
UKFM Member

Re: re knee pain and locking knees?

Postby sheila300 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi, yes I know all about painful knees.
I've had trouble with them locking too and had keyhole surgery on one, but still have awful pain and locking.

I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and really believe it's linked to that condition.

Hope you have many more 'better days' and very few not-so-good days. :-)
sheila300
UKFM Member

Postby kazza65 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:45 pm

Hi Love

Don't get me started with knee :!: :!: :!:

I've had 3 operations and me knee are knackered (pardon my french lol ) and they have done nothing, i had to have the operation because my left knee kept dislocating and cause me great pain :yikes: :yikes: but the surgery has been a total waste of time. They even chopped a chunk of bone and muscle and moved it across but it has done a thing.. :cry: :cry:

Then they sent me to see a pain consultant to fitted me a spinal stimmulator but that was a big disater due to it giving me a blood clot on my back the size of a HONEY DUE MELON and had to have emeryancy surgery to remove everything. :cry: :cry:

Then after all this with the pain coming in different places and seeing a rheumy consultant i was diagnosed with fibro. So now they are just pumping me full of drugs for the pain.. I take Pregablin three times a day with mst Continus 3 times a day with a increase dose at nite as well antripaline and oramorph.

SO i know what your saying

:goodluck1:
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby Morgana » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:41 pm

I've had two ops on my right knee; they didn't get a third chance! First one was an arthroscopy with lateral release and the second was injections and manipulation under anaesthetic. Neither did anything... all I learnt from the experiences was: 1) automatic lights don't stay on long enough and 2) when there is a choice between head butting a marble wall or landing on your knees when falling down a holiday apartment staircase in heels - try and do neither!

Left knee got cattled after a dog pulled me over in the road in front of a car... knees now dislocate and lock at the most inconvenient of times... what I've learnt from that experience: 1) don't lock a hotel bathroom door and then kneel in a bath!

Here endeth my sermon

:)
Morgana
UKFM Member

Location: A filing cabinet in Hell... or at least that's what it feels like!

Postby sweetie pie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:26 am

Yes I think its due to this fibro illness to, as all this has come on so quick, i was fit bendy & so active before 2011,but since 2011, I have totally gone down hill in everything, as cant really do much a tall now due to the widespread & all these horrible symtoms,the knees are unreal so for a wee while now its went for every single joint so there's a lot more to this fibro we don't no about, do you not think that? as its not normal the amount of things we have got to put up with daily, hope you are all fine XX
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:54 am

omg kazza someone else like me. my knees have been poppng out since i was 14 . because of that i dont stand right i lock my legs out through fear really, so i dont have sexy calves like most women do. high heels HAHAHAHA i can look at them.bxing day my kee come out i waited 5 hours for a ambulance as they said it want importent and could i get myself in, then women who did turn up said omg thats so painful why have they made u wait , u cant move can u i have a baby girl and i carry my phone even to the loo just incase.even in bed i have to be carful how i lay or move .kazza hugs and kisses so there with u.xxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:57 am

sorry marina i went off on one there . yes darling fibro can and will hurt your knees. but then so can AR, age and sport u may of done .if its a new thing go get a x ray from dr. rule out a few things. i hope u feel better soon hun xxxxxxxxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby SuperCat007 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:14 am

Yes, mine lock, dislocate and bend backwards. I have hypermobility syndrome which is not connected to fibro, but many people have both. Look it up, there isn't a lot that can be done but Dr's and therapists are much nicer to you if you say you have hypermobility rather than fibro. You're not seen as a lost cause then. :crazy: :-x :shock: :roll:
SuperCat007
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:29 pm

Hi
Yes my knees click when i move them and sometimes lock, Ouch that hurts. I have to keep stretching my legs out when i am sitting down because they get painful and can lock. :roll:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia