Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:02 pm

does anyone else get this .yes having a baby makes it worse, but that was a year ago now im sure the fibro makes it hurt.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction

Postby lolo73 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:05 pm

I still get the odd twinge 4.5 yrs later and I never really had it too bad really, just low level x
lolo73
UKFM Member

Postby Chickystir » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:13 pm

I had SPD when I was in the later stages of pregnancy and I am pretty sure my pelvis is still not right almost 2 years later. I developed Fibro after giving birth and whenever my pelvis locks up/clicks back into place it makes my symptoms of FM worse. I start feeling all flu like and the pains get stronger for the rest of the day. Does this happen to anyone else? :(
Chickystir
UKFM Newbie

Postby yearuan23 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:16 pm

Hi yes I get SPD and have done so since 2003 with my second pregnancy. I didnt have enough info about it back then so went on and had two more children and it has left me disabled. I suffer with spd and fibro its hell. xxxx
yearuan23
UKFM Newbie

Postby vikkig » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:27 pm

I had this with both my pregnancies, was so bad with 2nd, started feeling it at 8 weeks in which worried them a bit, I got referred to physio by gp, during pregnancy and after the birth. It was definitely helpful, still get twinges now but do the exercises when I wake up and feel pain in pelvis so I know it'll be a bad day. Speak to gp about seeing someone, you shouldn't have to put up with it.
vikkig
UKFM Newbie

Postby Chickystir » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:28 pm

I decided I could not physically cope with any more children after developing these symptoms. I am practically house bound most days. It really upsets me because there is so much I wanted to do with my kids as they grew up and I can't. I forced myself to help my eldest make an igloo in our garden earlier this year and was in agony for days after. It's soul destroying. I am glad I found this site now though so I know I am not alone in this and maybe one day someone will find a way to get us all our lives back :-) . Until then I have found people to moan to who actually know how I feel and don't look at me like I am lying and just lazy !! Xxxx
Chickystir
UKFM Newbie

Postby Staceyb » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:21 pm

Absolutely know how you feel. My pelvis was bad before I had kids, I have a 3 year old and 9 month old and am pretty much stuck with SPD. Am having Physio at the moment and have been told to stick to the rules I had when I was pregnant (not crossing legs, pillow between my legs at night and many others). It sucks because I to cant do the things I want to do with my little ones but I have to count my lucky stars I'm not completely disabled with it and enjoy the things I can do as well as avoid the things that make it worse. Not always easy I know but starting to learn to adapt my lifestyle to what is best for me.
Staceyb
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia