hand pain and stiffness with coldness

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hand pain and stiffness with coldness

Postby karen42 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:14 pm

My hands are always so cold and I have stiff fingers and chronic pains on the top of my hands and down my thumbs my gp says this is down to my fibro but he likes to blame every problem I have on my fibro does anyone else suffer from this and could this be fibro related ?
karen42
UKFM Member

Re: hand pain and stiffness with coldness

Postby helenfelen » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:21 pm

do you get any pins & needles in them? if so then it could be carpal tunnel! good luck! xx
helenfelen
UKFM Member

Postby syrena » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:52 pm

I suffer most days with sore hands etc, I too get the pain down the side from thumb down to my wrists also swelling on back of hands, more so if I've been using my hands a lot. Cold games and feet all the time too even when the rest of me feels warm.
syrena
UKFM Newbie

Postby Salsa1970 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:10 pm

I have now been told I have Raynaulds as my fingers turn bright red or a kind of blueish colour with white knuckles. My first doctor said it was down to my fibro, I have also been told that I may have arthritis in my hands, and if it gets worse they will do x-rays.
Salsa1970
UKFM Member

Postby kazza65 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:42 pm

Hi Karen 42,

I have trouble with my fingers to the point i can't have any of my rings on because when i wake up on a morning my fingers are swollen and stiff its unreal. So now i can't were any jewelry on my fingers.

My finger are swollen and when i try to bend them they go whit because they are so tight. So stop them been tight i just have to run them in warm water for 15mins till they warm threw and then i can start using them. They also stiffen up threw the day aswell if i spend to much time on computer.

Hope this helps

Karen xx
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby not.giving.in » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:31 pm

I go through phases where I get a lot of hand pain though mostly down the little finger side of my hands, except when I try to hold papers and then I get pain in the thumb pad. It's often worse in the morning and I think it might have something to do with retaining fluid, there's a general ache and sharp pain down the side of the hands or stabbing at random, the ache is worst in the joints. It often goes up to the elbow and mimics golfers' elbow [little finger side] or tennis elbow [thumb side], but you need to get it checked out anyway. My doc referred me to youtube for exercises! :lol:

Have you been referred to anyone? If your doc isn't watching out for things that are not fibro then maybe you need to find a doc who will? :roll:

I find heat helps the pain, a wheat bag or a bowl of hot water.

Good luck :hugs:
not.giving.in
UKFM Member

Postby karen42 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:03 pm

Thanks for all the replys.I do have a constant tingling in my hands and also swelling that looked like water retension but my gp has put me on furoxemide for this and this has helped I do find my hands are worse first thing on a morning and it mainly affects my left hand more than my right I am going to try dipping my hands in warm water for 15 mins each day to see if this helps and try a camping shop to see if I can get hold of one of those wheat bags
karen42
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:16 pm

i have very painful fingers in the night and first thing in the morning. sometimes i cant use them for 20 mins.i also have killing wrists and cant hold anything heavy.
very bad today as i used my dads petrol trimmer something i could of done years ago without pain.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia