Low grade fever

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Low grade fever

Postby chookie » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:02 am

I'm in the throes of a flare right now and the low grade fever has got me.... sweating conkers. Just don't know what to wear, sitting on a leather sofa doesn't help, flapping the top I have on and opening the windows after a 15 minute walk to college makes me look like a mad woman, making a cooked dinner makes me want to cry and the drying off after a shower makes me want to get back in again :lol:
Fibromyalgia, M.E, IBS, General Anxiety Disorder, Dyspraxia, Discalculia
chookie
UKFM Member

Re: Low grade fever

Postby LouLou » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi chookie

Since the sun has decided to pop out I found my body temperature has gone haywire! Even during the winter I was having the flashes and would open the windows while cooking/getting ready after a bath/shower/drying my hair etc. But since it's actually warmed up I find I'm feeling cold a lot of the time and still have our little fire on at night while OH has to sit there and do what you do lol makes quite a funny scene.

We used to have a leather sofa and I know how uncomfortable they can feel when you are really hot or really cold. I find our fabric sofa much better for my ever changing body temperature. Have you thought about putting a throw over the leather so you don't stick to it when too hot/feel the cold when you are too cold? You can get some really nice reasonably cheap ones around that are a nice cool fabric (not the fleecy ones as they would make you hotter I think)

We also have a fan which is fairly light so can be moved round the house for when I have my flushes. I find that the smallest exertion of my body like walking for a few minutes/a few stretches leaves me sweating whereas before I could do a 2 hour workout at the gym and walk away failry dry lol FM is such a great thing to have lol.

Hope that helps
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby chookie » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:41 pm

Hi Lou, cover, no cover I'm still too hot but then it's only when I am in a flare, otherwise I'm too cold :roll:
chookie
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:15 am

oh the bliss of those hot and cold sweats

- sounds daft but I discovered that when I wear a scarf (think it's cotton) around my neck I am more able to avoid to hot cold sweat
- another daft thing is: when I have a bath I put a few drops of "WOOD LOCK" (from a Chinese doctor) in the water; for me it does 2 things:
a) after I towelled myself I am no longer covered in sweat (regardless how often I try to stay dry) and stay dry!
b) for about 15 min after the bath most of the pain is nearly gone, it does come back but 15 min are 15 min

http://www.chineseherbs.org.uk/formulas ... ucts_id=79

bought it from the Chinese doc who does the acupuncture and the massage to me
all the best
Lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby whoami » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:30 am

Chookie.......these are things that make me sweat profusely
Chocolate, too much coffee (I usually only drink water, hot or cold), any caffine really

.......I used to sweat all the time. Right through clothes. My jeans and sweater would be soaked and I could feel the water running down me. I went on HRT (age 45 at the time). Within ten days it had completely stopped. Now, it is only when I eat the above.

.......Another thing, have you had your thyroid levels checked. I am on meds (no thyroid). Sweating is a symptom of a thyroid issue.

I hope you find relief somewhere, somehow. I really feel for you.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby chookie » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:05 pm

I have had loads of blood tests in the past for thyroid, coeliac disease, arthritis, anaemia etc... but he could find anything so I was diagnosed with FM. My periods make me hot, I used to have endometriosis and cysts until they were discovered and then removed.

I basically have FM/CFS and I am 'allergic' to menstrual hormones. I have PMT type symptoms every day of my life and not just for the two weeks before my periods begin. I have tried the pill back to back, the depo injection and prostap injections to stop my periods altogether but they all gave me depression and suicidal thoughts. There is nothing the GP or the hospital will do to change this :cry:

I don't get pain with my FM really, just my feet and my wrists, it's more CFS based than anything. I'm tired, sweaty, slow, anxious... every day is a struggle both physically and mentally because of all of this. I feel pretty much on my own with it all. The doctor asks me what I would like him to do about it all and I say "well, there isn't anything I suppose" as there really isn't.
chookie
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed May 01, 2013 3:39 am

Chookie......I really feel your pain and frustration. I really wish that I could help you in somehow diminishing your symptoms
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia