Chinese Clinic

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Chinese Clinic

Postby emily73 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi all just a quick question

Has anyone been to a chinese clinic and had any treatments done I.e acupuncture and massage??

:-D
emily73
UKFM Member

Re: Chinese Clinic

Postby shazq » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:51 pm

Hi

I have not had any acupuncture or massage done as i am to sensitive to pain so i dont think i would be able to go through with them.

I am not sure if people have gone through Chinese Clinics but there are topics running where people have mentioned that they have had acupuncture and massages.

If you enter them into the search box you should get the topic come up.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Chinese Clinic

Postby lrgatrell88 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:21 pm

I haven't been to a Chinese clinic etc but have acupuncture regularly through the pain clinic at the hospital. Their way of doing acupuncture is different apparently and depending on how sensitive u are therms use different needles and depths etc.

I find it really helpful x
lrgatrell88
UKFM Member

Chinese Clinic

Postby lrgatrell88 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:23 pm

Prior to acupuncture I was on up to 28 tablets a day and in bed 85% of the time if not more. X
lrgatrell88
UKFM Member

Postby lolo73 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:39 pm

Acupuncture is great, there are two types, one is ancient chinese (can't think of the names) and the other is what physios does. The chinese one is more holistic and they are looking more at your energy channels etc. Practitioners have to be very in tune with your body and they take your pulse points constantly during treatment.
I would be very careful about going to one of these chinese herbal shops though, you need to go to a proper registered clinic rather than a high st shop. I bought a herbal concoction from a chinese shop, paid a huge amount of money for it and it had snake skin in it amongst other things, it tasted vile and made me feel like crap. A Dr friend told me he had admitted someone to hospital with lead poisoning from chinese herbal drugs, mine went in the bin at that point.
If you happen to be in North Staffs I can recommend a fantastic acupuncturist :-D .
lolo73
UKFM Member

Postby chookie » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:43 pm

Don't take chinese 'medicines' they are unlicensed and untested in Britain, many have had kidney failure from whatever they put in the stuff... not good :(
Fibromyalgia, M.E, IBS, General Anxiety Disorder, Dyspraxia, Discalculia
chookie
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:38 am

just posted about the same on 2 other threads

was introduced to it by Chinese doc,
I go there regularly for acupuncture and massage on my back, this does give me freedom to move my spin( from top to bottom) better but have not let him touch my arms including fingers nor my legs including feet etc, too painful, might speak to him and try it out because it does help with my back, but back might be more due to car accident

at home I use the "WOOD LOOK" in hot bathes, which leaves me nearly pain free for 15 min after the bath and the constant sweating after the bath is gone

http://www.chineseherbs.org.uk/formulas ... ucts_id=79

all the best
Lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby charley » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:57 pm

Haven't been to a clinic, but I use Tiger Balm, which is amazing! It's a herbal...thing and it's really good for basically everything.Get the red stuff not the white though. The red is stronger, and the white is menthol and didn't get on with my skin too well.
charley
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Wed May 01, 2013 1:29 pm

Hi emily

I have aromatherapy massage once a week off my mum who is a qualified therapist. I haven't had any experience from a Chinese clinic but I have seen some positive posts on here about them.

As for massage, Aromatherapy is the gentlest form and I've been having it once a week for about a year now and have found it's really helped me. The pressure has to be really light yet hard enough to make a difference (if that makes sense) so all I would recommend if you are thinking of having a massage, is to make sure the person giving you one understands they need to work with you regarding the pressure applied.

Good Luck with whatever you decide to try.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia