Plantar Fasciitis

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Plantar Fasciitis

Postby Picklepudding » Wed May 01, 2013 6:16 pm

Does anyone else have plantar fasciitis? All my current symptoms started with the onset of plantar fasciitis last October. It has got gradually worse and is extremely debilitating. It's worse than all of my other symptoms at the moment.

My GP didn't really offer much help in terms of a treatment for it other than giving me diclofenac (which I'm not really meant to take as I also have Crohn's but the pain gets so bad that I'd take anything!

It wasn't until yesterday and doing some research on my possible fibromyalgia diagnosis that I have found plantar fasciitis listed as yet another symptom.

If anyone else has this, what treatment are you on?

Paula x
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Re: Plantar Fasciitis

Postby TeeferTiger » Wed May 01, 2013 6:45 pm

Never had it, but I used to be a postie and it's also known as Postman's/Policeman's Foot.

Other people I know who have had it have had to have injections in their foot and wear special insoles.
TeeferTiger
UKFM Member

Postby lindsayfieldman » Wed May 01, 2013 7:14 pm

I have just be digonised with fibromyalgia and I have suffered
with plantar for about a year sometimes the pain so cant walk sitting down makes it worse .
lindsayfieldman
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed May 01, 2013 7:25 pm

There have been q few mentions of Plantar Fasciitis on here, if you use the search box in the top right corner of each page, it should throw up all mentions of it. Maybe having a look thru some of the older posts might come up with something helpful for you.

With plantar fasciitis being a problem in it's own right, rather than being a symptom of FM, it tends to be regarded as one of a number of associated conditions that tags along with FM :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby fatalrazkaz » Wed May 01, 2013 8:24 pm

I had Plantar Fasciitis the year before last and I had it for six months. I ended up using crutches as I couldn't put my foot on the floor it was so painful. In the end my Dr gave me a steroid injection which didn't quite clear it up so he gave me two more, one in each side of the foot and that cleared it. I would get it injected and keep off it as much as possible till its better.
fatalrazkaz
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:43 pm

i never been told weather that what i have or not .i can have this very nasty pain under my foot for weeks at a time sometimes both .but as my fibro moves around my body im not sure weather it PF or just fibro
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Debz7172 » Wed May 01, 2013 9:58 pm

Hi, see if you can get the doc to refer you to physio, if you have a drop-in clinic go there and bypass the Gps. Physio really helped me, although I have insoles in both shoes now, I can walk putting both heals down whereas I couldn't put the right one down at all!

You've got nothing to lose.

Good luck. Xx
Debz7172
UKFM Member

Plantar Fasciitis

Postby toplessbug » Wed May 01, 2013 10:22 pm

I've had Plantar Fascitis for a few years now and never new it was another symptom of fibro, even tho I've had fibro for approx 2 yrs now.
I was offered steroid injections into my foot and freaked out so now I just live with it.

Sent from my iPhone using the force :-)
toplessbug
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Thu May 02, 2013 8:28 am

Hi

A friend of mine has had this for some months now and was told by gp to get insole for her shoe which was as much use as a chocolate fireguard. She decided to mention it when she went to see the consultant at the pain clinic and straight away he offered her steroid injections into it which he was confidant would clear it up. My friend went ahead with the injections and since has had minimal problems which is heaven compared to how things were. The injection is a very, very painful one but she says that short time of discomfort was well worth it and if necessary she wouldnt think twice about having to have the injection again as she can now walk without pain which is such a god send.

Milly :fingerscrossed: :hugs: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby Picklepudding » Thu May 02, 2013 12:04 pm

Thanks everyone. I'll enquire about the injection, although I'm quite nervous as it sounds very painful! But it's very painful as it is, and with my holiday not too far away, I want to do all I can to make it as painfree and 'normal' as possible!

Paula x
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia