Sorry, I know I'm a pain but I have another question

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sorry, I know I'm a pain but I have another question

Postby Picklepudding » Fri May 03, 2013 6:57 pm

Hope you don't mind if I ask another question. I'm just trying to piece together various vague symptoms! Would skin that is painful to touch be related? Sometimes (like today) the skin on the underside of my forearm feels really sore and I can't bear it being in contact with things. And sometimes I may be sitting with my husband and he absentmindedly repeatedly strokes my arm/leg/hand and I can't bear it as its almost painful. I've never really thought about it before but am now wondering if its connected?
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Re: Sorry, I know I'm a pain but I have another question

Postby lou2128 » Fri May 03, 2013 7:19 pm

Yes this is definitely a symptom of Fibro, this was one of the first symptoms and it was in the same place as yourself along with joint stiffness and extreme fatigue that I had and was so bad I ended up in A&E. It was quite a few months after that I was officially diagnosed with Fibro but this tenderness still comes and goes.
lou2128
UKFM Newbie

Postby Picklepudding » Fri May 03, 2013 7:22 pm

Oh bother! But thanks for the reply. It's funny isn't it that when you get given a possible diagnosis, things that previously didn't seem connected all start fitting in to place! I'm still not 100% convinced that I have fibromyalgia as there are lots of symptoms that I don't get but unfortunately it's seeming like there are lots of symptoms I do get :(
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Postby Tunes » Fri May 03, 2013 7:40 pm

Yea it is i av it alot especially on my arms and recently top of my back. Very sore and can unbearable sumtimes. I sympathise with you. The only consulation is that it does cum n go but theres not alot you can do. Just no your definatly not on your own.
Tunes
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 03, 2013 8:01 pm

I've been talking to a couple of other people today about this Pickle as they were asking the very same question. It is one of the delights of FM I'm afraid, and can be incredibly uncomfortable when it appears.

I've found that rubbing the affected area with aloe vera gel can help cool it off a little. Plus keeping my skin well moisturised seems to help keep it at bay to a degree for me. I still get it happening, but since making sure I do my daily routine, it doesn't seem to have been quite as intense.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Flash » Fri May 03, 2013 11:44 pm

Totally bang on with the Aloe Vera gel Fluppy. It's a great all rounder. I started getting this feeling on my legs and use vitamin E cream from health food shop. Jason's is good value for money and doesn't have all the nasties in that can cause more irritation to those with allergies or extra sensitive skin.
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Sat May 04, 2013 9:00 am

Yes the sore skin is another symptom of fibro , some days even to go to the loo pull your nicks down then pull them up hurts round the top of the waist and the top of the legs, or if you have a cardigan on and take it off my arms are sore as I take it off at times all over seems to hurt to touch :yikes: :crazy:
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby moo » Sat May 04, 2013 10:43 am

3 times I tried to complete a massage course at the time I didn't know that the skin sensitivity was part of fibro - physically I couldn't complete the course but in addition I couldn't be massaged the tutor was like I'm barely touching you but I was in agony - then I learned about how sensitive the skin can be. Gentle hugs x
moo
UKFM Newbie

Postby painprincess1 » Sat May 04, 2013 7:12 pm

yes i get that alot sore skin sucks.nothing u can do to easy it really .i just have to wait till it passes
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat May 04, 2013 7:25 pm

When I get it I want to join a naturist club :oops: :crazy: as putting on all my clothes is even sore .....instead I just wander around in a nice big soft nighty out of M&S as even the seams don't seem quite as prickly or sore.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby latmaz » Sun May 05, 2013 8:24 pm

oh i get this too, thought it was Fibro related and u all have confirmed it

my acupuncturist suggesed moisturising it with cream, graudually rubbing harder and then moving onto something rougher to rub with, thereby desensitising the skin. it does seem to work but if i miss a few days it all comes back agan
latmaz
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia