A new one

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

A new one

Postby lolabolla » Sun May 05, 2013 9:15 am

Well this is a new one for me.

Along with the usual pains I have also been getting an intermitent sharp pain which starts in my left thumb nail bed and then zaps along my arm up to my armpit like and electric shock feeling............how blummin strange.

Just had to share this :-?

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

A new one

Postby Morgana » Sun May 05, 2013 10:15 am

Know anyone with a voodoo doll Hon?
;)

Seriously, if it carries on, get it checked

Mo x
Morgana
UKFM Member

Location: A filing cabinet in Hell... or at least that's what it feels like!

Re: A new one

Postby anonymouse » Sun May 05, 2013 10:52 am

Its one of the many random pains I get, its like someone sticks a needle in your finger at the bottom of the nail and then sends an electric shock up the underside of your arm to the armpit. Its very bizarre, its probably something related to Neuropathic Pain Syndrome. Mention it to your doctor next time you go as its related to nerves and he may want to check for nerve damage etc.

Anonymouse
Fibro, Chronic Pain, Insomnia, Psoriasis, Migraines, Light & Hyper Sensitivity & Joint Subluxation but apart from that I am perfectly healthy & battling for ESA & DLA. - Twitter: my_fibromyalgia - Facebook: myfibromyalgia
anonymouse
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Mon May 06, 2013 9:39 am

Thanks for sharing.

I have to see doctor this week with a list, I'll add this one too :crazy:

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby Picklepudding » Mon May 06, 2013 11:46 am

If I'm working on the computer too long at work, I get electric shocks down my mouse arm whenever I straighten my arm. Absolutely horrible feeling.
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Wed May 08, 2013 11:20 am

Hi lola

When my FM first sprung itself on me it was my wrists and hands first that really hurt and I work on a computer all day 5 days a week. I too got the sharp pains as well as the constant dull throbbing ache. My GP sent me for a test to check if it was carpal tunnell - turned out it wasn't and was just part of fibro as he had scans/xrays and all sorts done on both my wrists and arms.

Worth getting it checked out though. The Carpal Tunnel test itself was a bit strange - they attached electrodes to various nerves to track if the signal was being transmitted through the nerves correctly. Not painfull just a bit of a strange sensation.

Good Luck, let us know how you get on. In the meantime, to help with the pain I rest my hands/wrists on hot water bottles at the end of the day if they are playing me up and wear those elasticated wrist supports you can get on bad days too.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia