so fedup

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

so fedup

Postby difly » Tue May 07, 2013 12:26 am

hi can i start by saying im so thankful for this forum as it allows me to have a rant and share how im feeling , ive had a terrible time of things since last friday when i had a funny turn and felt so weak i thought i could not go on , i was up to the max with pain meds and had no where to go , as the weekend progresed i still felt prety miserable and by sunday i had lost it when no one seemed to be listening to me and i became so sad , along with the pain everywher my eye is also sore and feels strained , why me i ask myself ??? and to top it all im still trying to keep my full time job ,not sure how much longer ??just wish i could have a break seem to be at the dr every month , and if not at the dr at th e hospital , feels like im on a merry go round but without the fun ,sorry to go on but i just needed to share how im feelin my OH is not very understanding and im sure because you carnt see fibro symptons its hardto acknowlege
oh well sorry to go on but i know the forum listens and understands xxx
difly
UKFM Member

Re: so fedup

Postby fibro-lu » Tue May 07, 2013 1:34 am

hi difly,

rant as much as you want and need
don't bottle it, bottleing makes you worse

:flowers: for you
be good to yourself
:blowkiss:
Lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby painprincess1 » Tue May 07, 2013 9:52 am

right there with u sweetie , i was like that last night. went out for dinner and had to walk to the pub in the village dont sound alot does it, but i moaned to myself the whole way that my OH was way ahead of me with out a care in the world .yes he was right it was better for me to walk but it sure felt rough doing it. and like u he dont really get it,in his world u get on with things.i no he cares but dam it all i wish i had someone more caring.what gets me is i DO get on with it , i cant stay in bed even if i wanted to.its not alot to ask for a hug no and again is it. ok that turn into a rant of my own lol :-D
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby anonymouse » Tue May 07, 2013 10:57 am

We do understand so much and I am glad you know that too. Fibro can be up and down, variable and stable for anyone at any time. I do hope your Fibro becomes more stable and maybe downward as you are concerned about your job. Just a practical point and this is very personal do you but are you aware of the equality act and reasonable adjustments etc at work. If not have a little poke around just in case you really start to struggle at work. Obviously we all know the real world applications by employers and it depends on how understanding they are.

It is so difficult with relationships too, its a potentially life changing condition but you have to inform people your close to what the problem is, they can't see it physically, none of your limbs have dropped off overnight and you look exactly the same as you did yesterday and every day before that. But all of a sudden you are unable to do things, what is down to the condition, what is down to their state of mind, what is down to laziness? They just don't know and in some relationships that can erode the trust and communication over time. It is very difficult, everyone's relationships are unique and although you wish they could carry on under great stress we don't know it for sure until we are there.

I do hope things bounce back a bit for you and you get your eye sorted etc, try and develop an imaginary toolbox of things to use against a flare up but you probably know all this anyway. I found it helpful to give my partner some of the Fibro books but it depends if their the type that will read them. I wish you all the best and hope you get through this rough time soon!

Anonymouse
Fibro, Chronic Pain, Insomnia, Psoriasis, Migraines, Light & Hyper Sensitivity & Joint Subluxation but apart from that I am perfectly healthy & battling for ESA & DLA. - Twitter: my_fibromyalgia - Facebook: myfibromyalgia
anonymouse
UKFM Member

Postby difly » Wed May 08, 2013 11:53 pm

thankyou all for your replys it means a lot and your advise i will consider guess i was feeling sorry for myself seem to be having those days quite regular ,the OH has apologised for not understanding and your so right when you say because they cannot see a change they expect there to be no issues .as for work i have emailed to ask about my options i can retire at the end of the year so havnt got long to go since having fibro its been a juggling act when i have to make the most of the good days and get by best i can on the bad days , there are more bad than good tho ,but its so true to not give up and i will not once again thank you take care xx
difly
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia