Numb big toes

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Numb big toes

Postby Picklepudding » Tue May 07, 2013 1:11 pm

Normal?

I'm still trying to figure out what may or may not be connected. I've had loads of little symptoms that I really wouldn't have thought twice about before, but now when they're happening I'm starting to wonder if it's all connected. So today, as happens frequently, my big toes went numb for no apparent reason. They're back to life again for now! So it got me thinking!
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Re: Numb big toes

Postby yummyhunnybunny » Tue May 07, 2013 2:17 pm

Oh yes, thats something I quite often have, Then I have toes so painful that my nails ache....try explaining that one to someone who does'nt have Fibro! ........This week it was pins and needles in my fingers instead.! Over the 2o odd years since I was diagnosed, I've had some weird and wonderful [or nor so wonderful] symptoms and I think when you get used to unpredictability of this condition you don"t seem to worry as much, I know I don't. I was taking Amitriptyline for a number of years and whilst I was on those I found I worried a lot more...of course one of the side effects of these is anxiety, although I know not everyone is affected in the same way with medication I certainly was anxious and often confused! :-? Hoping you get sorted with your numbness. J.x
yummyhunnybunny
UKFM Member

Re: Numb big toes

Postby san229 » Tue May 07, 2013 2:38 pm

I have the same thing,the first diagnosis I had was peripheral never damage. But it got to the point that my big toe was freezing and my foot as well and the pain became unbearable. I was then diagnosed with Raynauds Disease, the blood vessels in my foot go into a spasm and restricts the flow of blood. So don't just pass it off as a symptom of Fibro get it checked by your GP.
san229
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia