SWOLLEN ANKLES

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

SWOLLEN ANKLES

Postby sknowles456 » Tue May 07, 2013 6:54 pm

Does anyone else get swollen ankles, is this part of fibro or fibro medication or is it me, i am thinking there might be a link between oromorph and my ankles!?
sknowles456
UKFM Member

Re: SWOLLEN ANKLES

Postby shazq » Tue May 07, 2013 7:01 pm

Hi, it might be the heat or water retension causing it, the swelling wont be down to fibro. Keep them up and try putting some ice/frozen peas on them to get the swelling down. :goodluck1: if they dont go down in a few days go to see your gp because if it is water retension they will be able to give you some meds to reduce the swelling. :flowers:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby teresa67 » Tue May 07, 2013 8:29 pm

hi,
I suffer with swollen ankles and have fibro but also have osteo and rheumatoid arthritis my gp has said it is down to the arthritis as at my last xray it showed changes and also down to the fibro I personally think they just make it up as they go along as he told me I need surgery on my feet but because I have no active rheumatoid and only the osteo is present he cannot do anything til the rheumatoid becomes active on this he takes no blood and the last xray he said I had was 2009 it is a joke really I just haven't the energy anymore so I just put up with the swelling and the pain the warm weather doesn't help either x take care x
teresa67
UKFM Member

Postby Graygirl » Tue May 07, 2013 9:04 pm

I've been getting swollen ankles for years, especially when it's hot or if I've been travelling. I also get a swollen foot due to some soft tissue damage years ago. I'm not sure whether it's fibro-related or not, but I have had some good advice from my physio. When it's bad, I go to sleep with both feet on two little firm support cushions, so that my feet are higher than my head. Perhaps I don't move a muscle overnight, but when I wake up the cushions are still in place and the swelling has gone down. Another thing that helps is ice cubes or an ice pack inside a damp face flannel and wrapped around the ankle. xx
Graygirl
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia