Pain in my kidneys

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pain in my kidneys

Postby sheila300 » Tue May 07, 2013 7:40 pm

Hi every1 - I've had fibromyalgia for several years, but over the past 6 months I've had seriously bad pain in my kidneys when the fibro flares Does anyone else get this?

Hope every1 is having a good day :-D
I
sheila300
UKFM Member

Re: Pain in my kidneys

Postby deanna dimech » Tue May 07, 2013 7:53 pm

I do i thought it was all the meds i take.Doc sent me for ulta scan to see if i had stones but every thing was ok. :yikes:
deanna dimech
UKFM Member

Postby sheila300 » Tue May 07, 2013 8:24 pm

Thankyou Deena - was beginning to think it was just me. Take care xx
sheila300
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue May 07, 2013 9:13 pm

It might be worth having it checked out Sheila, just to be sure about things as there is always the possibility there could be something else at work.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby cameron1 » Wed May 08, 2013 10:05 am

I had this not that long ago.

The pain was in my back around my kidneys and in my side.

I went to the hospital and was sent home by a doctor who said I had renal colic/kidney stones, and that I would be called back for a scan and ultra sound.

I was at home in agony for days before I got called back and guess what......no kidney stones.

My GP said from what i was describing that it more likely a bad flare up of my fibro which caused awful pain in my back and aggravated my IBS. I had not considered up until that time that IBS could be so painful?

x
cameron1
UKFM Member

Pain in my kidneys

Postby lrgatrell88 » Wed May 08, 2013 10:19 am

I get this a lot to but also seem to have recurring kidney infections. X
lrgatrell88
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed May 08, 2013 10:28 am

Shiela, you are not alone, :sick: about 10 years ago I had a horrendous 6 mth period were I was suffering from excrusiating pain in my right kidney. I was in hospital for 2 extensive stays then had ultra sounds, CT, MRI and eventually a kidney function test which included drinking some slightly radio active liquid and then the Dr watched and timed the rate by which it left my kidneys. At one point I was told I might have to loose the kidney! :nono:

In the end was told I had a slight narrowing of the tube that leaves the kidney and that this was normal for 15% of the population who usually had no symptoms, so I must have had some stones which I passed but again in all of the test no stones were found.

IF truth be told, towards the end of it all the medics were a bit offhand , as they couldn't find anything wrong but couldn't explain the pain I felt either. :?:

Now with hindsight I would put it down to Fibro . :idea:

When the pain strikes try and rest, drink plenty of plain liquids to flush the kidney & keep them functioning properly . Try a hot water bottle at your side and see if your GP will give you an anti inflamatory . IF these don't work then you might need a trip to A&E for something stronger.

Good luck , it really is the most tremendous pain and you have my sympathy.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia