fibro or painkiller ?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

fibro or painkiller ?

Postby painprincess1 » Wed May 08, 2013 8:49 pm

i take 2 tramadol and 2 paracetamol twice a day. now if i forget a dose i end up hurting all over like i got flu.
now is it the fibro or is it the painkiller cose ive missed it.i been on the so long now i cant remeber how i felt when i started them .
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: fibro or painkiller ?

Postby *Lisa* » Wed May 08, 2013 9:29 pm

I cannot answer that one some one else maybe able to help as i have never taken tramadol before.

I would tho advise to speak with your GP or ask a pharmacist.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Moobaloo » Wed May 08, 2013 9:37 pm

I take tramadol every day and if I forget a dose I feel absolutely ROTTEN. I would say you're definitely experiencing withdrawal from the tramadol. If you do want to come off it you will need to speak to your GP & don't just stop taking it - you will need to wean yourself off it so you don't get ill. X
Moobaloo
UKFM Member

Postby difly » Thu May 09, 2013 12:03 am

hi thats a good ? ive thort about that my self and havnt been able to come up with the answer was thinking it was a combination of the two , i cringe at the thought of having to take pain relief every day and when ive try to cut them down the pain comes back worse ,think i will ask the dr next time fibro or painkiller , no wonder they call them pain killers ? take care xx
difly
UKFM Member

Postby debbiealison » Thu May 09, 2013 1:03 pm

I have been trying to stop my painkillers too but it seems hopeless as even though i am 4 days in and had some really bad nights (sweats then freezing and then if i get to sleep i have really bad dreams, feeling sick and more) all thats happening is the fibro pain is much worse now. I really do not want to live like this..
debbiealison
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia