I should have known better!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I should have known better!

Postby whoami » Thu May 09, 2013 11:36 pm

You know when you think it is a nice night to go out for a bite but some little thing is saying...don't do it...listen!

I have been having a couple of bad days, got heat stroke, the next day could hardly move. Today I felt a bit better but not quite right. I thought it would be a good idea to go out for fish and chips ( remember we are a good 24 hr drive straight to the sea) Finding a good chippy here is not easy but we have one about 20 minute drive.

Off we went. Went in got a booth, I can't sit on a hard chair on a good day. We were there all of five minutes when all hell broke loose. I started perspiring so bad my clothes were soaked, however I was shivering. My back and belly were dripping but you could feel the coldness of my hips through my trousers, my skin was like ice. I could no longer sit as my lower back was in so much pain I was in tears. Needless to say my wonderful hubby, wolfed down his fish and chips.

We are home now, within an hour of leaving. I am in my jammies on the sofa. I am debating taking extra meds. I already use 150 fentanyl. I hate giving in to more meds but my hubby said why put yourself through this.

It will pass, I know. I just needed to vent. I have the hubby everyone wishes for but I hate having him have to deal with so much I have other issues besides fibro and he has his own medical issues.

Thanks for listening.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Re: I should have known better!

Postby denys » Thu May 09, 2013 11:41 pm

Hope you are feeling a bit better now and your hubby hasnt got indigestion from wolfing his fish supper :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 10, 2013 12:00 am

Sometimes, as much as we hate it, resorting to some additional meds to help us thru a spike in things is not only necessary, but also the only thing to do. I try to keep some of the things I take daily below their max dosage where possible, so when things become even uglier than normal I've still got a back~up plan.

Hope things start to settle for you soon and that the indigestion monster didn't affect your hubby after his impromptu attempt at the fish and chip speed eating record.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby whoami » Fri May 10, 2013 5:05 am

Thanks for the comments.

My hubby managed to finish his meal and eat mine while I paid the bill. His tummy is fine. I think men have tummies that can withstand anything, LOL

The poor waitress thought there was a medical emergency. She said she looked over and saw me and called 911. Thank heaven she was able to call back, they still showed up about two minutes after we left. I got a call at home. They must have gone through my bank card to get our home number. I didn't know that they did a follow up on cancelled calls. I had to reassure them everything was OK.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Fri May 10, 2013 10:23 am

Hi whoami

So sorry you couldn't enjoy your meal. I know what you mean though, I'm quite stubborn and even when my body sometimes whispers "Don't do it" I will still go ahead and do it lol.

I think the way the restaurant acted was really commendable (if that's the right word lol a bit foggy today) I can't imagine any places in the UK being so considerate about their customers.

Take care whoami, lots of rest for you. :hugs:
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby whoami » Fri May 10, 2013 10:32 am

LouLou,....The restaurant is very nice. It is owned by a girl from Newfoundland, a Newfie to us here, LOL

The people from Newfoundland remind me a lot of people from home, North Yorkshire. They are very practical, down to earth, direct but the most generous loving people. They even have a bit of a Yorkshire accent, they don't pronounce the H in words like house etc.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby whoami » Fri May 10, 2013 1:43 pm

Thankyou to the rain Gods......finally it is raining and I am feeling much better. This waiting was a killer this time.

As we all know weather can affect us terribly. I find that sometimes it takes forever to break. Like this week, it has supposed to have rained three days ago but it held off. The pressure change was happening but not fast enough. Is this how it is for you? Your body knows and tells you there is a change coming. ..it just needs to hurry up
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby masonsbarms » Fri May 10, 2013 5:44 pm

hi whoami i hope that me telling about my seaside visit and fish and chips didnt bring on this caveing,

im sorry to hear that you had such a bad time, if you need meds you need them no guilt needed,

im glad the change in the weather is helping but im sorry i want the sun back,

take care and hope next time out is better xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia