headaches

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

headaches

Postby lala1626 » Fri May 10, 2013 3:02 pm

for the past few weeks iv bbeen getting bad headaches all the time which get worse in the evening. on wednesday night it got worse and worse and eventually turned into a raging migraine which is still not cleared up yet i slept all day yesterday and most of the morning today, is this "just another fibro thing??" im going bak to my GP in a few weeks time so will mention it when i go if its still going on.
so sick of being like this now!! driving me crazy!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Be nice and smile to everyone you meet.
You don't know what they are going through.
They may need that smile,
and treasure it.

Don't ask how I am unless you really want to know the answer!
lala1626
UKFM Member

Re: headaches

Postby PhoebeCat » Fri May 10, 2013 3:34 pm

Sorry to hear that you are suffering as much as you are. I was in the same situation as you and yesterday, went to see my doctor and when I described where the headaches were (as they are not always in the same place each time) and the type of pain/headaches I am getting, he said that it was all part of the Fibro, due to muscles etc in the head and that they can go in to spasm like any other muscle. Although it doesnt help to get rid of them, it helped to have an explanation for them and to know that they werent from something more serious.

Having said this, you should still go to your doctor and get him to check you out. I have already had an x ray on my neck to rule out any damage in my neck which could be causing them. The pain in my neck and shoulders are also part of the Fibro.
PhoebeCat
UKFM Member

Postby dawn8574 » Fri May 10, 2013 3:41 pm

hi I'm glad I'm not the only one I have had a headache on and off for over a week now and feel nauseous as well :( I am back at G.P.'s next week will mention it to her then I hope it is part of fibro :-? I don't think I could handle anything else
dawn8574
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 10, 2013 4:03 pm

Headaches and migraines are another of FM's associated problems. However, they can also be due to other problems, so if they are a new problem or are intensifying, having them checked out is always a sensible thing to do. If they are attributed to FM, there are meds and treatments available that can help ease things.

I have a constant headache, almost verging on migraine intensity, and at one point was having migraines on pretty much a daily basis. If I was really lucky I'd get one day per week that was migraine~free, altho the headache itself never goes for me. Now I seem to be able to 7~10 days between migraines, altho they can still appear more frequently, usually when things are much more intense.

I hope you can get some easing soon as I know all too well just how they can drag you down :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby PaulaB78 » Fri May 10, 2013 4:04 pm

I'm glad I'm not alone!

I've had a headache every day since the start of August 2011!! Some days they turn into migraines. Thankfully not too often, but I wake up every day with a headache. Doc asked me to keep a headache diary, gave me various painkillers (which didn't work), then when I saw my neurologist (I have MS too), she said, "Oh that's the Fibro. Muscle spasms in your head."

I'm being referred for acupuncture in my neck and shoulders. They say I have permanent muscle spasms in both shoulders which has left me a little out of shape and may be adding to the headaches.

I hope you all find some relief. If you do, please share! :)
PaulaB78
UKFM Newbie

Postby whoami » Fri May 10, 2013 4:19 pm

Paula..I hope your Dr gets your headaches sorted out. I get migraines quite a bit but you have suffered far too long. Hopefully the acupuncture helps you get some relief.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia