Sleep quality problems?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sleep quality problems?

Postby lucybythsea » Sat May 11, 2013 7:54 pm

I may be asking for the Holy Grail of fibro here, but has anyone found ANYTHING to help with sleep quality? I dont have insomnia - I get off to sleep fine, and i sleep all night - Im thankful for that. My problem is that symptom described sometimes as 'unrefreshing sleep'. I am pretty sure it is the root of my problems with pain and central sensitivity. Magnesium helped me alot (who knows why), but only for a while, then i was back to square one. Has anyone found any herbs, pills, potions or devices that increase the quality of your sleep?
x :-) x
Last edited by lucybythsea on Sat May 11, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello, Im 30 and have severe fibro. Come check out my blog: http://www.fibrofandango.wordpress.com
lucybythsea
UKFM Member

Re: Sleep QUALITY problems?

Postby lolo73 » Sat May 11, 2013 7:59 pm

Amitriptyline helped my night sleep but made me drowsy all day. A lot of Tramadol (I am allowed to self adjust my dosage) can help my sleep but other times it makes me high and I can't sleep. Things like Nytol might help but make sure your pharmacist knows your other meds. x
lolo73
UKFM Member

Postby SchroedingersCat » Sat May 11, 2013 8:03 pm

In my case, fresh air and sunshine. Lots of it, combined with gentle exercise e.g. gardening.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby lucybythsea » Sat May 11, 2013 8:10 pm

lolo73 wrote:Amitriptyline helped my night sleep but made me drowsy all day. A lot of Tramadol (I am allowed to self adjust my dosage) can help my sleep but other times it makes me high and I can't sleep. Things like Nytol might help but make sure your pharmacist knows your other meds. x

thanks lolo :) I also take tramadol, but i also find it can make me quite high - ok during the day, but not so good at night. I will talk to my doc about Nytol, thanks. :)
Hello, Im 30 and have severe fibro. Come check out my blog: http://www.fibrofandango.wordpress.com
lucybythsea
UKFM Member

Postby lucybythsea » Sat May 11, 2013 8:20 pm

SchroedingersCat wrote:In my case, fresh air and sunshine. Lots of it, combined with gentle exercise e.g. gardening.

I do need to get more fresh air i think. I found when i went on holiday to malaysia years ago the sunshine really improved things. oo maybe i should get one of those SAD lamps. Thanks SchroedingersCat. :)
xx
lucybythsea
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia