gripping feeling

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

gripping feeling

Postby painprincess1 » Mon May 13, 2013 5:33 pm

i got this gripping feeling around the middle of my back. just under ribs . never had it there before .so not sure if its the fibro anyone else get it there xxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: gripping feeling

Postby Cherman » Mon May 13, 2013 6:34 pm

Yep - have had those symptoms for a while - have been for scans as GP wanted to check it wasn't kidney related. Was referred to another rheumatologist as Urology Consultant advised it was more than likely 'organ pain' due to fibromyalgia! I get lots of pain on right side and feel as though it's right under my ribs on both sides and on my back. GP was satisfied with this as she advised never to just assume it's fibro - although I do feel I am draining the NHS and wasting time when things come back 'negative' or healthy but agree that it's better to be sure. You should always discuss symptoms with your GP to decide best course of action - don't ignore it. x
Cherman
UKFM Newbie

Postby holmess » Tue May 14, 2013 6:17 pm

Hi,
I've had pain in both sides of my back for months, I often feel like someone is squeezing from the inside, it's a horrible feeling. Think I'll mention to GP next time I go.
holmess
UKFM Member

Postby Mary Poppins » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:03 pm

Hello I am new to this site, but I have recently had a MRI scan and awaiting results for spinal neck investigations. I also have thyroid problems. I have been suffering with pains and cramps in my neck upper arm left foot etc for about a year, but has taken just as long to have MRI consultation etc. But the last few months or so I have noticed this pinching, especially while watching TV and I must say that I have actually undone my bra to get more relief from the pressure. The main thing is also my shallow breathing almost as if I am unable to take a full breath. I also suffer from Depression, and Sleepless nights. Would be interested in your remarks please with regard to these symptoms.
Mary Poppins
UKFM Newbie

Postby dolphintara » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:52 pm

hi mary
im new here aswell , few months ago I woke up and could not move my neck , went doctors , had physio on it , had mri and nothing its all down to this fibro , but I got scared when it first happened , im also on anti depression tablets , im so glad I have a understanding doctor that I can ring up and ask for help ,
dolphintara
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia