Back on the meds :-(

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Back on the meds :-(

Postby BellaH » Tue May 14, 2013 9:54 pm

Evening!

Hope your all having a nice, pain free day :-)

I decided last month that I would come off the medication (amitriptyline) and went to see my gp and discussed lowering them from 50mg to 25mg to 10mg then stop.

Two weeks at 25mg and I'm in agony! Just aching burning muscles in my arms chest and legs :-(

After taking my little girl shopping this afternoon I was in
So much pain I rang my gp surgery and they fitted me in for an appointment. Gp said that I should go back to my 50mg as I was in so much pain.

I'm a bit disheartened as I really thought I could manage my pain with muscle rubs and heat pads but obviously not.

But as my husband was saying I've been like a different woman while taking the 50mgs almost back to my usual self and he has seen me go back to how I was 9 months ago and he agreed I should definatley stay on them.

Big hugs to you all xxxbella xxx
BellaH
UKFM Member

Re: Back on the meds :-(

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue May 14, 2013 10:29 pm

Try not to be too downhearted Bella, you gave your idea a good try, and if you hadn't, you'd have probably been wondering if it was the right way for you to go.

Sometimes it's not until we try something different that we realise just how much a med actually makes to us, like the 50mg amis dosage does to you. And what your hubby has said backs this up even more :-D :-D :-D :-D
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue May 14, 2013 11:12 pm

As flup says at least you gave it a go, you can always try again at a later date if its what you want to do. So well done for trying and :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you feel better now your dose has increased :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby BellaH » Wed May 15, 2013 9:20 am

Aww thank you so much for your replies!

I took my 50 tablet last night, woke up this morning and I feel less in pain already.

I'm so glad that I have found a tablet that helps - I know alot of people arnt as lucky :-( so while I do feel a little upset that I can't be medication free I should also be thankful that I feel better on them.

Xxxbellaxxx
BellaH
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Wed May 15, 2013 10:08 am

Hi Bella

As the others said at least you tried. And as you said you are much better on the higher dose and it works for you, so there's no harm in staying on them.

I'm currently trying to cut my meds down slowly as I'd like to try for a baby soon, and it is a big struggle even when you only make a small change so I know how you felt when you cut down yours.

Take Care and I hope you continue to feel the benefits of the meds you are on
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia