agonising hip pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

agonising hip pain

Postby ouchiemama » Tue May 14, 2013 10:06 pm

Hey, so I am not yet diagnosed by a rheumy but doc is convinced & treating me for fibro,..
For the past few weeks I have been in agony with my hip, started with shooting pains & a bit of an ache but seems to be getting worse! No painkillers, heat etc help & I am stuggling to deal with it! Its like where my thigh & pelvis (i think) meet & is such a horrible different pain to the other pains Im kinda used to, its now going down my thigh & knee...lying on my side with a pillow between my legs eases it a bit though..
Anyone else get this? Think I should maybe go get it checked out incase its not fibro related?? Im new ish to this & dont want to keep running to the doctor as I know my pain moves around & there are different types of sore..& theres probably nothing they can do anyway!
Karen.xx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Re: agonising hip pain

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue May 14, 2013 10:16 pm

Definitely get it checked out Karen, if only for your own peace of mind. With it being something relatively new and with it intensifying, whilst it could be FM~related, it's also possible that something else could be at work that may need a different treatment approach.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue May 14, 2013 11:16 pm

I agree always get new or worsening symptoms checked out, quite a few of us have horrible hip pain, myself included but never just assume its down to FM :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby tessmcg2012 » Tue May 14, 2013 11:20 pm

I feel your pain. My hip has gone mad for the last week. It has brought me to tears a few times. I've asked others and they agree that it could be weather related -Low Pressure and rain. And anyone I've spoke to seems to be saying the same, even people who don't have fibro are suffering with aches and pains at the moment.
That said, I'm sure you should get it checked, just in case. You never know. Always best to err on the side of caution, my dad used to say. Hope you get some sleep and that it eases up for you.
xx
Tess
tessmcg2012
UKFM Member

Postby Alityke » Wed May 15, 2013 7:44 pm

Could be many things. Go see GP, get investigations or referral to rheumatologist. Many of us have fibro and arthritic conditions and just cos we have fibro doesn't mean other mechanical things can't cause us pain, especially if we compensate for the fibro pain positionally
Alityke
UKFM Member

Postby Laus2002 » Fri May 17, 2013 11:35 pm

Hello there,

I has the exact same problem a few months ago and after a visit to the doctors I was very quickly diagnosed with Trochanteric bursitis. My doctor prescribed a four week course of NSAID's and said that if after a few months its no better, I'm to make another appointment to discuss injections directly into the hip. So please go and get this checked out, Bursitis is very, very painful but the medication can help.

Good luck!
Laus2002
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Sat May 18, 2013 2:32 am

Karen.......this will not make you feel better but you will know you are not alone.

The pain Dr I see also has fibromyalgia, he is an anesthesiologist. He said that hip pain is the pain with the most complaints and severity of pain. I have been in the tub over a dozen times in a day because of my hips the hot water dulls the pain for a while. This Dr has given me blocks in my hips before.

I definitely would have the Dr check you though. Hope you find relief.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby juliem » Wed May 22, 2013 5:54 pm

I too had dreadful hip pain. I'd sit here crying. X ray showed nothing. I did take co-codamol which helped a very small amount. Then it eased. It does come back every so often. hope you get some answers.
juliem
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Wed May 22, 2013 10:26 pm

hi hip pains a big thing with me to ,,, when i wake the hip im laying on is awful , also if i sit to long only thing to do is to get moving i find.
tonydin
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia