two days never the same

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

two days never the same

Postby painprincess1 » Wed May 15, 2013 12:42 pm

i never seem to have two days the same pain wise.i can be crippled up and almost in tears then the next day im not so bad.or the other way round. whst gets me is i can never tell what kinda day im going to have so planning anything just dont work. i had blood tests done but i hold out any hope its anything they can sort . i think anything but fibro would help atm as u no u could get some flipping help ,moan over xx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: two days never the same

Postby Tunes » Wed May 15, 2013 1:25 pm

Yep. Know exactly where your coming from thats hw my weeks go. Its frustrating iznt it. If there was a miracle cure id b one happy lady. :-D
Tunes
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed May 15, 2013 2:20 pm

The life with fibro!.......... It is frustrating not being able to know if you are going to be able to go somewhere special.
Not knowing how you will feel, forget about tomorrow, even in an hour.

A little story here.....we decided on a wed evening to take a holiday, but where. Home to Yorkshire
or stay in Canada. Thursday night we decided Canada. We literally tossed some
clothes in a bag, camping gear in the vehicle and went to bed not knowing in
which direction we would head. Fri morning we got in the vehicle and said
In what direction?

The whole trip had no planning we kept saying to each other when should we
Turn and what direction. We ended up crossing Canada with no care, no plan
heading down whatever road either looked interesting or the toss of a coin
sent us. We only camped two nights the rest hotels..

Two weeks turned into three, then four, then five and after six weeks we
headed home. My body had taken all it could. We found hotels with hot tubs,
I was loaded up with drugs. It was the absolute best trip we have ever taken.
Fibro had a say in how long our days were in the car but we
travelled fifteen thousand miles with...........

"Two days never the same".
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Wed May 15, 2013 2:39 pm

whoami

I absolutely loved your story! Me and my OH have often dreamed of doing a road trip style holiday across America and Canada. I love that you just jumped in the car and drove at random. My uncle lives in Canada and we are considering going to visit after we get married in August as I've always wanted to go.

painprincess, yep same here no 2 days are the same but don't let that stop you having some fun and doing things. If you plan to do something on a specific day but wake up in a lot of pain, continue with your plans but maybe downscale them? Cut the length of time, change the mode of transport etc. I know this isn't always possible though and FM can tend to take over completely if you let it.

Where possible, try and plan ahead so you can rest before big events and after them. If I'm asked to do something or go somewhere and I'm having a bit of a bad day I'll often still go and do it but explain that I can only do it for a few hours. Most of the time I've found that being out and having some fun or doing something I enjoy often makes me feel a bit better and it also helps take your mind off the pain.

Again I know this isn't always possible and there are days where we just have to rest and that's it.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby hjlinton » Wed May 15, 2013 3:39 pm

I think we all understand how you feel. I have just recovered from major surgery and three months ago didnt
Think I would still be here now so I am going to live to the full and work around the fibro not let the fibro work me
Painkillers wheelchair mobility scooter whatever it takes I will be there if its fun and I want to be there.
Hope you all find a way to still have a great life and deal with the fibro. X
hjlinton
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia