Memory getting bad

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Memory getting bad

Postby Picklepudding » Wed May 15, 2013 1:53 pm

Just realised I've forgotten my mum and dad's wedding anniversary today. I've never once forgotten it before. What on earth is happening to me? :(
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Re: Memory getting bad

Postby LouLou » Wed May 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Hi Pickle

The exact same thing happened to me this week. I used to remember everyone's birthdays' anniversaries and would have cards and presents wrapped and ready to go weeks beforehand. I looked in my diary (my lifesaver) the other day and realised it was my father in laws birthday the next day! So I had to rush to the first shop I could get to which was Next and just got him some vouchers lol.

We all have this problem so you're not alone at all. I use a small folofax style diary that you can buy new inserts for. It's small enough to fit in my bag and doesn't weigh very much at all. It came with these colour coded stickers with different things written on like "Appointment" "To Do" etc. I write everything in there that I need to remember and stick the appropriate sticker next to it. It also has a lovely butterfly bookmark think attached so I can keep track of the week we are in.

I must say it has really helped me and I only forget the odd thing now and again. A lot of people set reminders on their mobile phones using the calender? Or a white board in the house somewhere, post it notes can be helpful too.

The main thing is to not beat yourself up about it, we are only human and these things happen.

Hope that helps
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed May 15, 2013 5:00 pm

Hi
The dreaded fibro fog gets to us all :twisted: i am always forgetting things. :facepalm:

I have to write important things down now and set reminders, i put them on my lappy and my phone and i have sticky note pads stuck where i can see them.

Other things worry me though like forgetting where i put things, forget what i walked into a room for, forget family names or get them mixed up. There are so many things i keep meaning to do around the house and i will think to myself i will do this or that after a rest but then it goes completely out of my mind. :facepalm: It is even taking me twice as long to write a post now because i forget what i want to say and how to spell words, i have had to download spell checker :lol: :lol: Yet my gp says it`s normal. :yikes:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby painprincess1 » Thu May 16, 2013 2:18 pm

think i can bet that i coulnt rember if i had my daughter on the 20th or the 21st . id only had or a few weeks. its taken me a year to get it in my head. just as well her 1t birthdat on monday.i for get names i forget ppl i forget what i went up the stairs for. i walkin a shop and back out with no idea what i wanted .i write a shopping list and then forget i have it. i forget words as im talking.i have heard of a drug called QI dame judy dench has used it for years .if its not to much money i might give it ago.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia