Bupa

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Bupa

Postby chookie » Fri May 17, 2013 11:43 am

I am visiting my GP in a few weeks time... I have had to wait a month to see him due to them being so busy. I will be asking him for a trial of thyroxine (your thyroid tests have to be 0.5 under to be seen as hypo) and see what he says.

My test in the past has come back negative, but this country and its testing is really off the mark. The US have much broader range within the percentages and there are more patients who are receiving the help that they need.

I have also sent an enquiry to Bupa incase my GP see's this as something he can't do. I want to see if their attitude is different and they would be my second opinion too. I am sure that they would do all that I ask for in terms of testing me as I would be waving money in their faces :lol:

Has anyone gone private, did they treat you and did you get a different outcome to what you GP diagnosed?
Fibromyalgia, M.E, IBS, General Anxiety Disorder, Dyspraxia, Discalculia
chookie
UKFM Member

Re: Bupa

Postby Wackers34 » Fri May 17, 2013 4:27 pm

hi there

I always wondered if mine was right...ive been tested twice and mine says 1.48 mIU/L the first time, then 0.84 mIU/L the second time, this was within a month...mine is dropping. I wasn,t sure what normal level was meant to be!

We have a lot of thyroid problems in the family and im getting a lot of thyroid symptoms...my tests were 4 months ago now. Should I get mine done again?

Let me know outcome, I would be interested in hearing how you get on

xx
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Postby gary15871 » Fri May 17, 2013 7:33 pm

make sure you read small print with bupa as some insurances wont cover an illness already diagnosed
gary15871
UKFM Member

Postby chookie » Fri May 17, 2013 9:59 pm

It's a bit of a tricky one to work out but I have found a link that might help others who may feel the way I do. Wackers, I would go and have it checked again, your's does sound like there is something going on :-?

http://www.thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/testing ... tests.html
chookie
UKFM Member

Postby chookie » Fri May 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Gary, I am taking out self payment care which is for those without insurance, but of course I shall read any small print should there be any, thank you :-D
chookie
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia