light headed spells

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

light headed spells

Postby Butterfly8588 » Mon May 20, 2013 1:47 am

Hi there,
I was just wondering is suddenly feeling light headed quite common for people like us? I've had it randomly for a while (very short spells quite spread apart) but since thursday I've been having it persistently on and off and its quite scary.

Take care xxx

P.s. should probably mention I've had a really bad light sensitive headache all day today that pain killers wouldn't shift.
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Re: light headed spells

Postby Tunes » Mon May 20, 2013 7:18 am

Yep. I get this everyday at least a handful of times and have done for months. I havent been to docs about it cos im pretty sure its yet ANOTHER symptom of fibro!!!!!
Would be interesting to see how many more reply to your post who experience this!!
Hope you feel better soon. X
Tunes
UKFM Member

Postby penfriend » Mon May 20, 2013 8:58 am

yes, I would say that light-headiness is definitely another symptom of this and other illnesses, such as M.E. which I also have. One can also feel much like fainting with it. I think it is important to keep your blood-sugar levels up too, unless anyone is diabetic, as this seems to help. sincerely, penfriend
penfriend
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Mon May 20, 2013 10:25 am

Hi Butterfly

I only tend to get this if I take my meds on an empty stomach or if I haven't eaten very much that day. If this is something new I would see your Gp about it just in case as not everything is fibro related. Your GP may also be able to prescribe you something for your headaches.

Take Care
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Butterfly8588 » Mon May 20, 2013 10:38 am

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your replies, I'm glad it's not just me. I know I should go and see the dr but I really hate going, especially when I'm pretty sure he can do bugga all about it! My boyfriend always gets so worried about new symptoms or increasing old ones but it barely registers anymore apart from annoyance and frustration!
If anyone else wants to post please feel free.

Take care and thanks again xx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia