Today is the day of reckoning...

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Today is the day of reckoning...

Postby Picklepudding » Mon May 20, 2013 8:22 am

I'm back to the rheumatologist for the blood test and X-ray results today so I assume that by this afternoon I should know one way or the other whether its fibro or something else. I obviously don't want to be told that I've got some horrible condition but I'm kind of hoping that I'm told its not fibro and is something else that's curable or at least treatable. Reading all your stories has scared the living day lights out of me as some of you suffer so badly and I'm currently getting away with it quite lightly in comparison...long may that continue!!!
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Re: Today is the day of reckoning...

Postby *Lisa* » Mon May 20, 2013 11:05 am

Good luck for your appointment.

Try not to let our topics scare you. I was simular when i was first diagnosed reading up on how bad everyone is. What i can say to help this is that most of us have multipal associated conditions or other illnesses along side the fibro which agrivate symptoms more which is why were so bad.
Another is that fibro alone is different in each and everyone of us in its intensity and areas effected.
Theres lots of meds and treatments out there that can help symptoms for you its trial and error so try not to fear it too much.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Today is the day of reckoning...

Postby LouLou » Mon May 20, 2013 1:17 pm

:goodluck2: Pickle

As Lisa said, a lot of people on here have other illnesses which are made worse by FM which can make their FM seem much worse too - hope that makes sense I'm a bit foggy today lol.

I had FM really bad 18 months ago and could barely do a whole day at work. After 18 months of trying almost everything I have finally found what works for me and what doesn't, and by sticking to that I feel I am managing my FM much better than before.

Whatever your results, you will find a way to cope and work with it - that's what we tend to do isn't it?

Let us know how you get on Pickle.

xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia