after effects of a night out!!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

after effects of a night out!!

Postby ouchiemama » Mon May 20, 2013 8:58 pm

Omg, so I had my first night out in months!! Didnt take my amitriptyline the night before but took my solpadol in morning but not later as it was lunch then basicaly a pub crawl!! All very good at the time of course, after a few drinks you dont feel any pain!

BUT.....next day i was crying most of the day in total agony, my feet burning, legs aching, back, bum cheeks, shoulders..everywhere pretty much was ridiclously sore!! :cry: Today wasnt much better, I couldnt get the kids up & ready for school as could still hardly walk so they got a day off...!!

Is is always going to be like this?? Is there anything you can do to make it easier, or is it either stay in, go out but not for long or dont drink or if i want a night out il just have to suffer for days after!!!

Sorry its a bit of a rant, all my posts usually are but you guys understand & I dont like moaning too much to anyone else, they dont really get it!

Thanks in advance for any advice or just a yeh we know what you mean! xx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Re: after effects of a night out!!

Postby angie68 » Mon May 20, 2013 9:13 pm

omg!!!! sounds just like me!!! :( :( :( ...i was in agony yesterday and same today, i had to go to work so by the day hour i was more n more tired weary, what can we do eh!!!! have no social life, but mine has gone dramticaly, i never go out but when do next day cant handle it, has you say when we alcohol cant feel the pain, i had this for 2 years before i found out i had fibro and just blamed he alcohol and other things like excercise etc x :( soooo what can we do???? nobody can help us not even a dr something we just have to live with it and to me its very sad sad sad x so not only you have a whinge ive had a good whinge with you and we will every day, but realy next time push yourself to get kids to school its just 1 hour of the day and then you have the day to yourself and sleep sleep sleep, instead of kids been around and making you worse if you get what i mean , just 1 hour keep thinking that :-D :-D
angie68
UKFM Member

Postby ouchiemama » Mon May 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Sorry your suffering too! It seriously sucks!!

Your so right bout getting the kids to school, by like 10am I was thinking omg why didnt i make sure they got to school, as much as i love them today i really needed to chill out, they defo didnt help the pain/stress/fatigue situation!

Im not officialy diagnosed, doc is sure i have fibro & got rheumy app finally this week after waiting 3 months, so will confirm...or not that I have this..if i dont then i must just be a total wimp or hypochondriac!! :crazy:

It is a scary thought that I will be like this forever! Im only 34 & now my 3 are at school I am meant to be getting a life back for me, a job etc...ahh its not cool!

Thank you for replying, its good to speak to people who understand!
XX
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon May 20, 2013 10:49 pm

Whatever we do, unfortunately there will always be payback :( :( :( If you know you've an upcoming night out, it can help to take things a little easier in the days leading up to it, try to get as much rest and relaxation as you can to give you the best chance of having some extra energy to enjoy yourself. The for the following few days, do a similar thing again to give yourself time to get over the payback and after effects.

I know it means that there is very little spontaneity in what we do, but at least with planning things, it hopefully means we can still have a night out, at least once in while :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby angie68 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:37 am

morning thats what i do fluffy, chill n relax before i do anything i dont go mad like the walk the dog, which is so normal for other ppl but us :yikes: :yikes: and do no shopping even if its a little x :(
angie68
UKFM Member

Postby janlou » Tue May 21, 2013 9:31 am

Oh dear, I am hoping to go to a school reunion this weekend, I have never been out for nearly 6mths!! :-o so i am just going to take my time and I dont drink alcohol anymore, just does not appeal to me, loved wine but now I cant drink it at all :(

I just want to see my old school mates, and try and enjoy myself. :-) Fingers crossed
janlou
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 am

Hi ouchie

I had a review with my Pharmacist at Boots a few weeks ago as they like to keep their rcords up to date as to what meds you are on etc. Anyway I was asked the usual "do you smoke?" "do you drink?" and I said I don't smoke and only have the odd drink but find it always makes my pain much worse the next day. She told me that alcohol dehydrates your body which gives the "hungover" feeling the next day and because your body is dehydrated it makes you feel much more stiff than usual and sometimes people can say they ache when they are hungover.

She said add something like FM to the mix and the pain can be much much worse. She did say that some peole find they can still drink and aren't too bad but personally if I have anymore that 1 or 2 I really feel it the next day.

If I know I'm having a night out or doing something big I try and rest for the few days leading up to it and on the actual day and then make sure I have a day or two after to wind down and rest my body.

As the others have said you can't really be very spontaneous with FM but as Flups said with a bit of planning you can still have a good time.

Hope that helps a bit. Hope you feel better soon
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby painprincess1 » Tue May 21, 2013 11:41 am

just going to ad t what loulou said. even though u didnt take your med for u went out .its stil very much in your blood strem.so anything u drink will make u feel worse in the morning.infact one drink is doubled when your on the med your on. sadly yes u will have to ajust your life.u can go out but dont drink to much .dont go all round the town why not find a nice pub and stay there.also try doing it weekend so kids dont have shcool the next day .xxxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby relf1960 » Tue May 21, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi, I used to b a party animal n now it's so boring hardly ever going out, but I no longer get the urge to go when the weekend arrives. i think its because every day is the same now. When I do go out though, if its planned I worry that i might not be well that day n so might need to come home early having not enjoyed myself. So it's best for me to just decide on a good day that I want to go out n hope someone will go with me. As for your kids, make sure there sandwiches r done and there clothes put out ready before u go out. Try n get sum1 to take the kids to school for u on the morning after. I am nearly as bad the next day if I drink loads of alcohol or not. I eventually realised its the noise in the clubs that affected my head the next day. If u drink spirits DON'T drink the cheap brands of vodka etc. the branded name ones get cleaned out more thoroughly leaving u with less rubbish in it that makes hangovers far worse. Drink plenty of water before bed too and don't miss any meals before u drink. I used to enjoy wine in the house or at meals, but now I can't face that anymore. Unfortunately I can still sink too many double Bacardi n cokes though, n believe it or not, the coke makes u feel worse the next day than the Bacardi. So have lemonade or orange juice etc with drink when possible. Cola does so many bad things to our body that it should no longer be allowed on the shelves in our shops. Google it's symptoms. One last thing, don't wear dead big high heels, cus it kills ya back the next few days. Hope we can all enjoy the odd night out for a long time to come. X
relf1960
UKFM Member

Postby angie68 » Sat May 25, 2013 9:58 pm

oooo im out tommorrw at a chriistening, im dreading next day, as i said at the time drink relaxes us, also i drink smirnoff instead of cheap drink, oooo why us eh!!! i think this fibro is a terrible thing, do u think our body adjusts to the pain but the flare ups or wen i do too much i cant move but push mesellf cos i have a child, if i lay sit, stand the pain is still there never goes, same as all you, its very depressing and i coulld go further down with the pain but i dont want to i want a life not a boring life, work, sleep, work sleep, cos thats all i seem to do :( :(
angie68
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia